0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2015 2:40 PM by 2612722

Issue with WSDL generated using Integrated SOA Gateway to expose pl/sql custom package with collection parameter

I have a problem when exposing a custom pl/sql package as a SOAP service using Integrated SOA Gateway (EBS version is 12.1.3).

Let me describe the issue:

A package is being exposed and it contains a function annotated in the following way:

/*#

* Function description

* @param p_params Table of parameters represented as Key-Value pairs.

@rep:paraminfo {@rep:innertype apps.xx_ksa_sysadmin_pub.t_param}

* @param x_result Function result (Success/Error) 

* @param x_message Function return message in case of error

* @return Returns the list

* @rep:scope public

* @rep:lifecycle active

* @rep:displayname Function name

* @rep:compatibility S

* @rep:businessevent None

*/

function get_conc_list(p_params  in xx_ksa_sysadmin_pub.t_param,

x_result  out varchar2,

x_message out varchar2)

return xx_ksa_sysadmin_pub.t_requests;

One of the parameters of the function, p_param is a table type declared in the package specification the following way:

type r_param is record(

param_name varchar2(50),

param_value varchar2(100));

type t_param is table of r_param;

When this package is imported into integration repository and then the SOAP web service + its WSDL is generated, following thing happens with the collection type parameters; in XSD definition of this function, parameter is defined following way:

<complexType name="APPS.XX_KSA_SYSADMINX3382376X5X13">

<sequence>

<element name="P_PARAMS_ITEM" type="db:APPS.XX_KSA_SYSADMINX3382376X5X14" db:type="Struct" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded" nillable="true"/>

</sequence>

</complexType>

My problem here is that the type APPS.XX_KSA_SYSADMINX3382376X5X14 was created automatically when the SOAP service was being generated and it has a random unintuitive name. This causes problems to developers when they use WSDL in design time (e.g. Jdeveloper) where a bunch of classes are being generated with the same un-intuitive name.

Is there a way to force the SOAP service generation to create types for collection parameters that have the name I want (e.g I created a type in the package, why is this type not being used)??

I was hoping that by using

@rep:paraminfo {@rep:innertype apps.xx_ksa_sysadmin_pub.t_param}

annotation I could achieve desired effect but that didn’t help. which brings to my second question here,  what is this annotation used for?