14 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2016 3:51 PM by 2907350

UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni12

SudheerReddy

Hello,

I am upgrading 11.2.0.4 DB to 12.1.0.2, database upgraded successfully and it is up and running. I can see following errors while running autoconfig in DB tier.

I have verified java version and every thing looks good to me, and generated & copied appsutil.zip file to DB tier.

Environment:

Oracle EBS R12.1.3, Oracle Linux 6.7 64bit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[oravis@ebsdb bin]$ adconfig.sh contextfile=/u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/appsutil/VIS_ebsdb.xml

Enter the APPS user password:

The log file for this session is located at: /u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/appsutil/log/VIS_ebsdb/12121302/adconfig.log

AutoConfig is configuring the Database environment...

AutoConfig will consider the custom templates if present.

Using ORACLE_HOME location : /u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102

Classpath                   : :/u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/jdbc/lib/ojdbc6.jar:/u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/appsutil/java/xmlparserv2.jar:/u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/appsutil/java:/u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/jlib/netcfg.jar

Using Context file          : /u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/appsutil/VIS_ebsdb.xml

Context Value Management will now update the Context file

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/lib/libnjni12.so: /u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/lib/libnjni12.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)

Updating Context file...COMPLETED

Attempting upload of Context file and templates to database...COMPLETED

Updating rdbms version in Context file to db102

Updating rdbms type in Context file to 64 bits

Configuring templates from ORACLE_HOME ...

AutoConfig completed with errors.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Reddy

• 1. Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni12
          Bashar.

Hi,

At the beginning of section 4 in the following document, it mentions that you should not install the JRE in appsutil folder as AutoConfig uses the JRE from the location "<Oracle_Home>/jdk/jre".

Using JDK 7.0 Latest Update with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.0 and 12.1 (Doc ID 1467892.1)

This is probably to avoid hitting the issue you encountered.

What you should do is explained in the following document:

R12 E-Business Suite Upgrade to 11gR2 AutoConfig Fails With Error 'UnsatisfiedLinkError Exception Loading Native Library: Njni11 java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:wrong ELF class' (Doc ID 2038883.1)

Regards,

Bashar

• 2. Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni12
            SudheerReddy

Thank you Bashar,

First I tried with out jre at appsutil folder, and same result but finally "AutoConfig completed successfully.", if I place jre folder at appsutil folder i can see same error message with "AutoConfig completed with errors."

Please see bellow message for with out jre at $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[oravis@ebsdb bin]$ adconfig.sh contextfile=/u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/appsutil/VIS_ebsdb.xml

Enter the APPS user password:

The log file for this session is located at: /u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/appsutil/log/VIS_ebsdb/12121459/adconfig.log

AutoConfig is configuring the Database environment...

AutoConfig will consider the custom templates if present.

Using ORACLE_HOME location : /u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102

Classpath                   : :/u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/jdbc/lib/ojdbc6.jar:/u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/appsutil/java/xmlparserv2.jar:/u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/appsutil/java:/u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/jlib/netcfg.jar

Using Context file          : /u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/appsutil/VIS_ebsdb.xml

Context Value Management will now update the Context file

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/lib/libnjni12.so: /u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/lib/libnjni12.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 (Possible cause: architecture word width mismatch)

Updating Context file...COMPLETED

Attempting upload of Context file and templates to database...COMPLETED

Updating rdbms version in Context file to db121

Updating rdbms type in Context file to 64 bits

Configuring templates from ORACLE_HOME ...

AutoConfig completed successfully.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please advise.

• 3. Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni12
              Bashar.

Did you try the solution in the second document (editing the context file)?

Regards,

Bashar

• 4. Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni12
                SudheerReddy

No I have not, because i am in R12 database right, document refers 11g database.

Please advise.

Thanks

Reddy

• 5. Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni12
                  SudheerReddy

Bashar,

Just now i have verified, those two values are pointing to right path

<JDK_TOP oa_var="s_jdktop">/u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/jdk/jre</JDK_TOP>

<JRE_TOP oa_var="s_jretop">/u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/jdk/jre</JRE_TOP>

Thanks

Reddy

• 6. Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni12
                    Bashar.

The first document says that in 11gR2 and later you do not need to have a jre folder in appsutil.

Please post the output of this command:

/u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/jdk/jre/java -version

Regards,

Bashar

• 7. Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni12
                      SudheerReddy

Bashar,

[oravis@ebsdb ~]$ /u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/jdk/jre/java -version

-bash: /u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/jdk/jre/java: No such file or directory

[oravis@ebsdb ~]$ cd /u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/jdk/jre/

[oravis@ebsdb jre]$ ls

COPYRIGHT  LICENSE  README  THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME-JAVAFX.txt  THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.txt  Welcome.html  bin  lib  plugin

Thanks

Reddy

• 8. Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni12
                        SudheerReddy

Adding more details:

[oravis@ebsdb jre]$ cd bin

[oravis@ebsdb bin]$ ls

ControlPanel  java  java_vm  javaws  jcontrol  keytool  orbd  pack200  policytool  rmid  rmiregistry  servertool  tnameserv  unpack200

[oravis@ebsdb bin]$ /u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/jdk/jre/bin/java -version

java version "1.7.0_25"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_25-b15)

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 23.25-b01, mixed mode)

[oravis@ebsdb bin]$

• 9. Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni12
                          SudheerReddy

I found the issue,

I have two Java versions, One is from R12 Data base and 2nd one is I have upgraded Java 1.6 to 1.7u25. And i have removed 1.7u25 java and autoconfig completed successfully with out any issues.

Thank you Bashar for your help and put me in right direction to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Reddy

• 10. Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni12

EBSR12.2.4

Oracle Linux 6.4

Oracle Database 11gR2

Hello,

may I know if I can do same step for EBSR12.2.4?

Regards,

Roshan

• 11. Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni12
                              Bashar.

Hi Roshan,

If you are having the same exact error then the answer would be yes.

Make sure to review all of the documents referenced in prior posts.

Regards,

Bashar

• 12. Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni12

Hi,

after I did the following changes in context file, removed appsutil to jdk

<JDK_TOP oa_var="s_jdktop">/u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/jdk/jre</JDK_TOP>

<JRE_TOP oa_var="s_jretop">/u01/oraR12/VIS/db/tech_st/12102/jdk/jre</JRE_TOP>

I shutdown all application and database services and run autoconfig, now I am facing the issue below(log)

Starting AutoConfig at Sat Feb 13 17:00:40 2016

Using adconfig.pl version 120.32.12020000.2

Classpath                   : :/u01/oracle/PREPROD/db/11.2.0/jdbc/lib/ojdbc5.jar:/u01/oracle/PREPROD/db/11.2.0/appsutil/java/xmlparserv2.jar:/u01/oracle/PREPROD/db/11.2.0/appsutil/java:/u01/oracle/PREPROD/db/11.2.0/jlib/netcfg.jar:/u01/oracle/PREPROD/db/11.2.0/jlib/ldapjclnt11.jar

ERROR: Version Conflicts utility failed.

Terminate.

The logfile for this session is located at: /u01/oracle/PREPROD/db/11.2.0/appsutil/log/PREPROD_erppreprod/02131700/adconfig.log

Thanks and Regards

Roshan

• 13. Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni12
                                  Bashar.

Let's continue this in your newly started discussion.

• 14. Re: UnsatisfiedLinkError exception loading native library: njni12

Hi,

can you please tell exactly what Mr Sudheer did exactly? How do I know the versions of java on my system?

Rgds

Roshan