1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2015 10:52 PM by Adam

How do I get past ORA-12154 on afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh in Autoconfig

Adam

I am cloning a database using the same set of scripts that I have used for two years without issues.  This run, however, when I ran adcfgclone.pl dbconfig it failed during the Autoconfig.  The error is Autoconfig status 2 while the detail in the log shows ORA-12154.

I have put code into the templates for afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh to output the  login, connection, and env which all look right.  I can use that same environment setup to run the sql code called for in these shell scripts and it connects fine.  This leaves me in a quandary for why this behaviour in adconfig.

I am running EBS 12.1.3 on RDBMS 11.2.0.3 on Oracle Linux.  I created an SR which has so far proved to be a fruitless effort as first I was told to use a different document because I am on EBS 11.5.9, which I had to correct them on, and then I was told to apply 7 different patches and let them know when I was done when 4 of those patches were for database 12c, 1 was a fix for what one of the 12c patches breaks, another was for RAC and we are standalone, and the last was an Apps Tier specific fix when our issue is database tier.  In other words none of them applied, and despite uploading logs there is no indication that the analyst has even attempted to identify the problem yet.

I am hoping the community here may be able to give some assistance in helping me get past this issue, or at least further identifying a root cause so I can find a solution.

• 1. Re: How do I get past ORA-12154 on afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh in Autoconfig
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Hi Adam,

Sorry to hear about the bad experience.

What's the complete error message? It would be helpful if you could upload logs.

Are you running a RAC database?

Can you share the SR# for us to review and to see what docs/steps/patches were suggested by support?

Thanks,

Hussein

• 2. Re: How do I get past ORA-12154 on afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh in Autoconfig
            Pravin Takpire

Hi,

have you checked this

Troubleshooting Autoconfig issues with Oracle Applications RAC Databases (Doc ID 756050.1)

regards

Pravin

• 3. Re: How do I get past ORA-12154 on afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh in Autoconfig
              VishnuVinnakota

I am sure the community can solve your issue.

Usually afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh in Autoconfig error out because of DB/DBC connectivity issues.

Provide the below details:

1. Is DB Tier autoconfig running fine?
              2. Run Autoconfig once again and in logfile search with /error and /afdbprf (vi logfile). Check and post the error exactly which is there in logfile when afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh are run. It will show exact error there it self.

Be fast in replying so that we can resolve quickly.

• 4. Re: How do I get past ORA-12154 on afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh in Autoconfig
                Adam

As I inidicated in my post, we are not RAC.  The SR# is 3-11871221681

• 5. Re: How do I get past ORA-12154 on afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh in Autoconfig
                  Adam

The database came up with the ccf script, and I can connect and run both afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh fine from the command line, however, when I attempt to run it through autoconfig it fails.  The failure in adcfgclone.pl dbconfig occurs when that process attempts to run autoconfig.

The errors are...

Executing script in InstantiateFile:

/oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/appsutil/install/OATST_devdb/afdbprf.sh

script returned:

afdbprf.sh started at Thu Dec 17 15:24:07 PST 2015

The environment settings are as follows ...

ORACLE_HOME : /oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0

ORACLE_SID : OATST

PATH : /oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/perl/bin:/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/home/oracle/bin:/oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/bin:/opt/java6/bin:/oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/OPatch:.

Library Path : /oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/ctx/lib

Executable : /oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/bin/sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.3.0 Production on Thu Dec 17 15:24:08 2015

Copyright (c) 1982, 2011, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Enter value for 1: Enter value for 2: Enter value for 3: ERROR:

ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

ERRORCODE = 1 ERRORCODE_END

.end std out.

.end err out.

AutoConfig Services Phase

Running Service Process 1 of 4 for AppsUtil

/oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/appsutil/install/OATST_devdb/adcrobj.sh

script returned:

adcrobj.sh started at Thu Dec 17 15:24:08 PST 2015

Parameters passed are : -nopromptmsg

TWO_TASK :

PATH : /oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/perl/bin:/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/home/oracle/bin:/oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/bin:/opt/java6/bin:/oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/OPatch:.

Library Path : /oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/ctx/lib

SQLPLUS Executable : /oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/bin/sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.3.0 Production on Thu Dec 17 15:24:08 2015

adcrobj.sh exiting with status 1

.end std out.

.end err out.

---And at the end of the logfile...

[AutoConfig Error Report]

The following report lists errors AutoConfig encountered during each

phase of its execution.  Errors are grouped by directory and phase.

The report format is:

<filename>  <phase>  <return code where appropriate>

[PROFILE PHASE]

AutoConfig could not successfully execute the following scripts:

Directory: /oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/appsutil/install/OATST_devdb

afdbprf.sh              INSTE8_PRF         1

[APPLY PHASE]

AutoConfig could not successfully execute the following scripts:

Directory: /oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/appsutil/install/OATST_devdb

adcrobj.sh              INSTE8_APPLY       1

AutoConfig is exiting with status 2

RC-50014: Fatal: Execution of AutoConfig was failed

Raised by oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyDatabase

StackTrace:

java.lang.Exception: RC-50014: Fatal: Execution of AutoConfig was failed

at oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyDatabase.checkAutoConfigErr(ApplyDatabase.java:3192)

at oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyDatabase.runCVMAndAutoConfig(ApplyDatabase.java:3010)

at oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyDatabase.doConf(ApplyDatabase.java:649)

at oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyDatabase.doApply(ApplyDatabase.java:473)

at oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyDatabase.<init>(ApplyDatabase.java:366)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:501)

at oracle.apps.ad.clone.util.CloneProcessor.run(CloneProcessor.java:67)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)

• 6. Re: How do I get past ORA-12154 on afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh in Autoconfig
                    VishnuVinnakota

Reply me for the following:

1. echo $ORACLE_SID
                    2. tnsping <your dbname>
                    3. sqlplus apps/apps
                    4. sqlplus apps/apps@SID
                    5. lsnrctl status
                    6. tnsnames.ora and listener.ora contents
                    • 7. Re: How do I get past ORA-12154 on afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh in Autoconfig
                      Adam

I've done all 6 of those without issues.  As I said, I can connect and run the scripts outside of adconfig without issue.  The only possible exception is that lsnrctl status fails, as the default listener is not used.  This server has three instances on it.  lsnrctl status OATST returns the expected results.

• 8. Re: How do I get past ORA-12154 on afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh in Autoconfig
                        Adam

Also, FYI, the tnsnames ifile is a symbolic link to the enterprise TNS that the other two databases on this box are using as well.

• 9. Re: How do I get past ORA-12154 on afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh in Autoconfig
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

As I said, I can connect and run the scripts outside of adconfig without issue.

Are you saying if you source the database env file you can run both scripts manually with no issues? If so, please post the results of each script run here.

The only possible exception is that lsnrctl status fails, as the default listener is not used.

What do you mean? To verify the listener issue "lsnrctl.sh status $ORACLE_SID" and this should show that the listener is up.

Please post the contents of tnsnames.ora file.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 10. Re: How do I get past ORA-12154 on afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh in Autoconfig
                            Adam

I am performing a reboot of the server, then I have an office meeting.  Hopefully I will be able to post the requested data in a couple hours.

• 11. Re: How do I get past ORA-12154 on afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh in Autoconfig
                              Adam

[oracle_OATST@devdb]$ sqlplus /nolog  @/oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/appsutil/install/OATST_devdb/afdbprf.sql

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.3.0 Production on Fri Dec 18 13:52:18 2015

Enter value for 1: apps

Enter value for 2: apps

Enter value for 3: oatst

Connected.

[ FND_DB_WALLET_DIR ]

Application Id : 0

Profile Value  : /oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/appsutil/wallet

Level Name: SITE

INFO           : Updated/created profile option value.

[ ECX_UTL_XSLT_DIR ]

Application Id : 174

Profile Value  : /usr/tmp

[ ECX_UTL_LOG_DIR ]

Application Id : 174

[ BIS_DEBUG_LOG_DIRECTORY ]

Application Id : 0

[ UTL_FILE_LOG ]

Application Id : 1

Profile Value  : /oraapp/r12/oatst/inst/apps/OATST_appsprd/appltmp,

/oraapp/r12/oatst/inst/apps/OATST_appsprd/admin/out,

/oraapp/r12/oatst/inst/apps/OATST_appsprd/admin/log, /tmp, /usr/tmp

[ UTL_FILE_OUT ]

Application Id : 1

Profile Value  : *

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

Commit complete.

Disconnected from Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production

With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

[oracle_OATST@devdb]$

[oracle_OATST@devdb]$ sqlplus /nolog  @/oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/appsutil/install/OATST_devdb/adcrobj.sql

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.3.0 Production on Fri Dec 18 13:54:05 2015

Enter value for 1: apps

Enter value for 2: apps

Enter value for 3: OATST

Connected.

PL/SQL procedure successfully completed.

Commit complete.

Disconnected from Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production

With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

[oracle_OATST@devdb]$

[oracle_OATST@devdb]$ lsnrctl status

LSNRCTL for Linux: Version 11.2.0.3.0 - Production on 18-DEC-2015 13:56:17

Copyright (c) 1991, 2011, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Connecting to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=)(PORT=1521))

TNS-12541: TNS:no listener

TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

TNS-00511: No listener

Linux Error: 111: Connection refused

[oracle_OATST@devdb]$ lsnrctl status $ORACLR_SID

LSNRCTL for Linux: Version 11.2.0.3.0 - Production on 18-DEC-2015 13:56:48

Connecting to (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=)(PORT=1521))

TNS-12541: TNS:no listener

TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

TNS-00511: No listener

Linux Error: 111: Connection refused

[oracle_OATST@devdb]$ lsnrctl status OATST

LSNRCTL for Linux: Version 11.2.0.3.0 - Production on 18-DEC-2015 13:56:54

Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=devdb.jgboswell.com)(PORT=1572)))

STATUS of the LISTENER

------------------------

Alias                     OATST

Version                   TNSLSNR for Linux: Version 11.2.0.3.0 - Production

Start Date                18-DEC-2015 11:22:50

Uptime                    0 days 2 hr. 34 min. 3 sec

Trace Level               off

Security                  ON: Local OS Authentication

SNMP                      OFF

Listener Parameter File   /oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/network/admin/OATST_devdb/listener.ora

Listener Log File         /oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/admin/OATST_devdb/diag/tnslsnr/devdb/oatst/alert/log.xml

Listening Endpoints Summary...

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=devdb.jgboswell.com)(PORT=1572)))

Services Summary...

Service "OATST" has 2 instance(s).

Instance "OATST", status UNKNOWN, has 1 handler(s) for this service...

Instance "OATST", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service...

Service "OATSTXDB" has 1 instance(s).

Instance "OATST", status READY, has 1 handler(s) for this service...

The command completed successfully

[oracle_OATST@devdb]$

[oracle_OATST@devdb]$ cat $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora

###############################################################

#

# This file is automatically generated by AutoConfig.  It will be read and

# overwritten.  If you were instructed to edit this file, or if you are not

# able to use the settings created by AutoConfig, refer to Metalink Note

# 387859.1 for assistance.

#

#$Header: NetServiceHandler.java 120.19.12010000.6 2010/03/09 08:11:36 jmajumde ship $

#

###############################################################

OATST=

(DESCRIPTION=

(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=devdb.jgboswell.com)(PORT=1572))

(CONNECT_DATA=

(SERVICE_NAME=OATST)

(INSTANCE_NAME=OATST)

)

)

OATST_FO=

(DESCRIPTION=

(CONNECT_DATA=

(SERVICE_NAME=OATST)

(INSTANCE_NAME=OATST)

)

)

OATST_LOCAL=

(DESCRIPTION=

)

OATST_BALANCE=

(DESCRIPTION=

(ADDRESS_LIST=

(LOAD_BALANCE=YES)

(FAILOVER=YES)

)

(CONNECT_DATA=

(SERVICE_NAME=OATST)

)

)

OATST_REMOTE=

(DESCRIPTION=

(ADDRESS_LIST=

)

)

(address=(protocol=TCP)(host=devdb.jgboswell.com)(port=1572))=

(DESCRIPTION=

)

extproc_connection_data =

(DESCRIPTION=

(ADDRESS_LIST =

(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROCOATST))

)

(CONNECT_DATA=

(SID=PLSExtProc)

(PRESENTATION = RO)

) )

IFILE=/oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/network/admin/OATST_devdb/OATST_devdb_ifile.ora

[oracle_OATST@devdb]$

• 12. Re: How do I get past ORA-12154 on afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh in Autoconfig
                                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Please try to run the shell scripts instead of sql and see if you can reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

Hussein

• 13. Re: How do I get past ORA-12154 on afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh in Autoconfig
                                  Adam

This does appear to reproduce the error, which I find odd because when telling the script to echo into the log the parameters used it does have the correct values in the variables fed to the sql call, which work when I call the sql directly... 

[oracle_OATST@devdb]$ /oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/appsutil/install/OATST_devdb/afdbprf.sh

afdbprf.sh started at Fri Dec 18 16:32:51 PST 2015

Executable : /oraapp/r12/oatst/db/11.2.0/bin/sqlplus

Enter the APPS username: apps

Enter the APPS password:

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.3.0 Production on Fri Dec 18 16:32:58 2015

[oracle_OATST@devdb]$

• 14. Re: How do I get past ORA-12154 on afdbprf.sh and adcrobj.sh in Autoconfig
                                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Interesting ..

What does "echo $ORACLE_SID" return? If it returns "OATST" can we set it to "oatst" and see if this works (or the other way around)?

$ export ORACLE_SID=oatst

Then run the shell scripts.

Thanks,

Hussein

1 2 Previous Next