Hi -

Oracle DB 12c

GlassFish 3.1.2.2

ORDS 3.0.2

APEX 4.2.5

4 vCPUs

8GB RAM

Virtual Machine on Hyper-V 2012

I notice performance issue in displaying APEX pages, I have used the Performance tuner, actually I am using the server for my self only, I am installing and configuring, it is not production yet.

I remember from last installation for another client,different setup, I have upgraded ORDS 2 to ORDS 3, and I noticed degradation in performance also, I have redeployed the ORDS 2 and the performance was much better, is there special config to have for ORDS 3 to work better ?

Omar

• 1. Re: Performance Issue ORDS 3
          Kiran Pawar

Hi Omar,

Omar M. Sawalhah wrote:

Oracle DB 12c

GlassFish 3.1.2.2

ORDS 3.0.2

APEX 4.2.5

4 vCPUs

8GB RAM

Virtual Machine on Hyper-V 2012

I notice performance issue in displaying APEX pages, I have used the Performance tuner, actually I am using the server for my self only, I am installing and configuring, it is not production yet.

I remember from last installation for another client,different setup, I have upgraded ORDS 2 to ORDS 3, and I noticed degradation in performance also, I have redeployed the ORDS 2 and the performance was much better, is there special config to have for ORDS 3 to work better ?

The performance tuning for ORDS + Glassfish is explained in the following thread.

Refer : Re: GlassFish and ORDS (APEX listener) performance problems

As explained in the thread only tuning Glassfish is not enough, you have set/reset optimum JDBC configuration in ORDS as well and stress/load test it.

Besides, are you talking about the performance of particular application you have developed in Oracle APEX?

If yes, there may be problem with some coding practices you have followed which may be affecting performance of the particular page/application.

Following articles/presentations on Performance Tuning in Oracle APEX will help you understand "performance" better in Oracle APEX context:

Regards,

Kiran

• 2. Re: Performance Issue ORDS 3
            Omar M. Sawalhah

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for you quick reply, I have read the named thread, my situation is different, it is not a production, I am just displaying the application builder, not running any application. In different location with another customer, I had this test,

1. ORDS 2 is installed.

2. Only redeployed the ords.war for ORDS 3

3. When displaying the Apex pages, even the application builder, I noticed a performance issue.

4. Redeployed again ords.war for ORDS 2, the system performance is better.

I have tried this many times, so I thought there is something in ORDS 3 need to be configured differently, I am not sure, please need your help.

Regards,

Omar

• 3. Re: Re: Performance Issue ORDS 3
              Kiran Pawar

Hi Omar,

Omar M. Sawalhah wrote:

Thanks for you quick reply, I have read the named thread, my situation is different, it is not a production, I am just displaying the application builder, not running any application. In different location with another customer, I had this test,

1. ORDS 2 is installed.

2. Only redeployed the ords.war for ORDS 3

3. When displaying the Apex pages, even the application builder, I noticed a performance issue.

4. Redeployed again ords.war for ORDS 2, the system performance is better.

I have tried this many times, so I thought there is something in ORDS 3 need to be configured differently, I am not sure, please need your help.

As you mentioned earlier, that you have used Glassfish Server Performance Tuner, but have you adjusted the JDBC settings for ORDS?

as mentioned above in my reply (production or not, if you are using ORDS + Glassfish that settings will matter):

The performance tuning for ORDS + Glassfish is explained in the following thread.

Refer : Re: GlassFish and ORDS (APEX listener) performance problems

As explained in the thread only tuning Glassfish is not enough, you have set/reset optimum JDBC configuration in ORDS as well and stress/load test it.

Regards,

Kiran