0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2015 11:28 PM by RJLyders

SQLcl: Release 4.2.0.15.295.1605: odd interpretation of # by SCRIPT command (with or without quotes)

RJLyders

System details:

SQLcl: Release 4.2.0.15.295.1605

Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise Service Pack 1

NOTE: Very nice to be able to work with Javascript and SQL natively within SQLcl... very nice feature!

While testing the SCRIPT command in SQLcl, I find that the "#" (pound or hash symbol) causes very odd behavior. It also doesn't seem to make any difference whether I enclose strings in single or double quotes or none.

For instance, let's assume I have the following script files:

D:\sqlcltest\sqlcl-hello.js:

ctx.write('Hello World\n');

D:\sqlcltest\sqlcl-hello#.js:

From within the directory D:\sqlcltest, I can start SQLcl and get the following results:

SQL> script sqlcl-hello.js

Hello World

However, if I try to run the script with the filename that ends with "#", then I get a *BEEP* following by the a newline and I appear to be placed in editing mode.

SQL> script sqlcl-hello#

2* .js

If I press the [ESCAPE] key then I get back to the SQL> prompt.

Also, if I create a directory "D:\sqlcltest#" and copy the file "D:\sqlcltest\sqlcl-hello.js" to this new directory so that I have the following file:

D:\sqlcltest#\sqlcl-hello.js:

From within the directory D:\sqlcltest#, I can start SQLcl and get the following results:

SQL> script sqlcl-hello.js

Could not load file: sqlcl-hello.js

Another interesting point, if I try to run "host dir" in SQLcl while in the "D:\sqlcltest#" directory I get the following:

SQL> host dir

Cannot run program "cmd.exe" (in directory "D:\sqlcltest%23"): CreateProcess error=267, The directory name is invalid