1 2 3 Previous Next 34 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2016 9:20 PM by User254377 Go to original post Branched from an earlier discussion.
      • 30. Re: R12.2 Install
        user8565543

Hi User254377,

Its been long wait for installation. Is it you formatted the file system to ext4 . Is it installed successfully for you,  Could you please update. I didn't tried with ext4 file system yet. below are my file system details.

Filesystem                                   Size    Used    Avail   Use%   Mounted on

/dev/mapper/rhel-tmp                  4.9G   47M     4.6G   1%        /tmp   (ext4 filesystem)

/dev/mapper/vg_xfs-lv_data     2.0T    483G   1.6T    24%     /data -->  installing in it   --> (xfs filesytem) 

Thanks,

Santhosh

• 31. Re: R12.2 Install
          Narsi M-Oracle

Hello Santhosh,

I did notice that a few faced issues while installing on XFS File System.

In case, you are going ahead, please let us know the outcome of your installation.

Regards,

Narsi

• 32. Re: R12.2 Install
            user8565543

Hi Narsi,

Thanks for quick reply. You want me to go ahead with ext4 file system ? or Xfs file system ? I tried 3-4 times on xfs , it is giving the same error.

If you strongly suggest ext4 then I need to plan for it , I can do this, since my server is new one so not much data to loose.

But in the Note 1307056.1  you mentioned earlier is for oracle database . Is it the same applicable with EBS?

Thanks,

Santhosh

• 33. Re: R12.2 Install
              Narsi M-Oracle

Hello Santhosh,

As far as my knowledge is concerned, I haven't seen many successful implementations on XFS File System.

If you are facing issue with xfs, would advise to try on ext4 FS.

I haven't found any note explicitly for EBS 12.2 on XFS File System. So, frankly cannot comment on certification of it.

Hope this helps!!!

Regards,

Narsi

• 34. Re: R12.2 Install
                User254377

Hi Santhosh,

After almost two months of trial and error, I concluded that xfs file format may not work with R12.2 in the native Linux 7 OS. I was able to install it successfully on Virtual environment but not on the native OS environment. I tried ext4 and installation was successful. I hope that this helps.

Thanks,

1 2 3 Previous Next