1 2 3 Previous Next 30 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 6:27 AM by Ramaraju

EBS 11i to R12.2.X Upgrade

Ramaraju

Hi,

We are upgrading EBS 11i to R12.2.4. Now we are upgrading database 11.2.0.3 to 11.2.0.4. As per Oracle Doc 881505.1,

Apply Oracle Human Resources (HRMS) patch 7721754 (conditional)
      If you are using Oracle HRMS, apply Patch 7721754.

We have HRMS module. Can we apply this patch? Please advice.

Thanks,

Ramaraju

• 1. Re: EBS 11i to R12.2.X Upgrade
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          We have HRMS module

Pl clarify your statement. All EBS installs include the HRMS module. If you have enabled/licensed HRMS, then you will need to install this patch.

• 2. Re: EBS 11i to R12.2.X Upgrade
            Ramaraju

Yes, we have licensed HRMS module.

Thank you for the information.

Thanks,

Ramaraju

• 3. Re: EBS 11i to R12.2.X Upgrade
              Ramaraju

Hi,

Is there any pre-health check reports for EBS 11i to R12.2.x ?

Thanks,

Ramaraju

• 4. Re: EBS 11i to R12.2.X Upgrade
                VishnuVinnakota

You can use the Upgrade Advisor.

If you are planning to upgrade to 12.2, use the Upgrade Documentation which is the official document.

Upgrade Advisor: E-Business Suite (EBS) 11i Upgrade to 12.2 (Doc ID 1614508.1)

You can find "EBS Upgrade Documentation" section in below documentation:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26401_01/

Also some more documents that are extremely important:

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.5 Readme (Doc ID 1983050.1)

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2: Consolidated List of Patches and Technology Bug Fixes (Doc ID 1594274.1)

Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 Technology Stack Documentation Roadmap (Doc ID 1934915.1)

• 5. Re: EBS 11i to R12.2.X Upgrade
                  Ramaraju

Hi all,

When we will move Custom code while upgrading 11i to R12.2?

Thanks,

Ramaraju

• 6. Re: EBS 11i to R12.2.X Upgrade
                    Narsi M-Oracle

Hi Ramaraju,

As per my understanding, you need to do this during the final stage of Finishing the upgrade i.e., after you have configured your 12.2 EBS instance.

Refer "Using the Online Patching Readiness Report in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1531121.1)"

Additionally, I would advise you to review the Upgrade guide from the 12.2 online Documentation Library:

"Oracle E-Business Suite (12.2) Documentation Library"

Regards,

Narsi

• 7. Re: EBS 11i to R12.2.X Upgrade
                      Ramaraju

Hi all,

While upgrading EBS 11i to R12.2.4, "The Rapid Install Wizard is performing system checks" is running from 24 hours.

Please help me on this.

Thanks,

Ramaraju

• 8. Re: EBS 11i to R12.2.X Upgrade
                        Narsi M-Oracle

Hello Ramaraju,

At which stage of upgrade are you facing this issue ?

Are you running rapidwiz to create upgrade FS or to configure the 12.2 instance.

Have you completed all the prerequisites prior to running the checks.

Regards,

Narsi

• 9. Re: EBS 11i to R12.2.X Upgrade
                          Ramaraju

Hi,

At which stage of upgrade are you facing this issue ?

--> Now we are running rapidwiz to configure R12.2 with the context file.

Are you running rapidwiz to create upgrade FS or to configure the 12.2 instance.

--> ran rapidwiz to upgrade FS.

Have you completed all the prerequisites prior to running the checks

--> Yes completed

Thanks,

Ramaraju

• 10. Re: EBS 11i to R12.2.X Upgrade
                            Narsi M-Oracle

Hello Ramaraju,

Do you see any progress on the preinstall check window or is it frozen.

Have you applied all the ETCC db patches, AD & Amer. English upgrade driver patches, JRE on db tier,  & AutoConfig on db & Run FS.

Can you provide a snapshot or the log file of the preinstall checks.

Log should be in the /tmp.

Regards,

Narsi

• 11. Re: EBS 11i to R12.2.X Upgrade
                              Ramaraju

Hi Narsi,

Do you see any progress on the preinstall check window or is it frozen.

--> Yes, Successfully changed the permission of ../fs1/EBSapps/comn/java/classes/oracle/apps/wsm/lbj/plan/webui/LBJPlanOpnResCompCO.class

Have you applied all the ETCC db patches, AD & Amer. English upgrade driver patches, JRE on db tier,  & AutoConfig on db & Run FS.

--> Yes

Can you provide a snapshot or the log file of the preinstall checks.

Log should be in the /tmp.

--> It is having 32 MB now

Thanks,

Ramaraju

• 12. Re: EBS 11i to R12.2.X Upgrade
                                Narsi M-Oracle

Hello Ramaraju,

Not sure why the upgrade is changing the permissions. That should already be owned by the application user.

Following are the checks done during 2nd stage of rapidwiz:

Database Availability, Check OPMN Port Availaibility, File Systems, Stage Area check, Port Availability, Port Uniqueness, & Host/Domain.

Would advise you to check if appropriate permissions are in place.

Regards,

Narsi

• 13. Re: EBS 11i to R12.2.X Upgrade
                                  Ramaraju

In log file,

Successfully changed the permission of ../fs1/EBSapps/comn/java/classes/oracle/apps/cs/csz/search/server/SavedSrchVO.xml

Successfully changed the permission of ../fs1/EBSapps/comn/java/classes/oracle/apps/cs/csz/search/server/SavedSrchHdrDisplayVORowImpl.class

Successfully changed the permission of ../fs1/EBSapps/comn/java/classes/oracle/apps/cs/csz/search/server/SavedSrchCritGroupsVOImpl.class

Successfully changed the permission of ../fs1/EBSapps/comn/java/classes/oracle/apps/cs/csz/search/server/SrchForSimilarCriteriaVO.xml

Successfully changed the permission of ../fs1/EBSapps/comn/java/classes/oracle/apps/cs/csz/search/server/AdvSrchPVO.xml

File permissions are,

-rw-r--r--. 1 oracle oinstall  923 Nov 24  2012 AddressBySiteVOImpl.class

-rw-r--r--. 1 oracle oinstall 1383 Nov 24  2012 AddressBySiteVO.xml

-rw-r--r--. 1 oracle oinstall 1884 Nov 24  2012 BillToAddrVOImpl.class

-rw-r--r--. 1 oracle oinstall 2969 Nov 24  2012 BillToAddrVORowImpl.class

-rw-r--r--. 1 oracle oinstall 5368 Nov 24  2012 BillToAddrVO.xml

-rw-r--r--. 1 oracle oinstall  888 Nov 24  2012 CreditCardVOImpl.class

-rw-r--r--. 1 oracle oinstall 4100 Nov 24  2012 CreditCardVORowImpl.class

-rw-r--r--. 1 oracle oinstall 5372 Nov 24  2012 CreditCardVO.xml

-rw-r--r--. 1 oracle oinstall 5540 Nov 24  2012 DefaultAddrValAMImpl.class

Thanks,

Ramaraju

• 14. Re: EBS 11i to R12.2.X Upgrade
                                    Ramaraju

And I have found below error in log file.

Executable : ../fs1/EBSapps/10.1.2/bin/sqlplus

riwTDBup.sh exiting with status 2

RW-50011: Error: - Apps ORACLE_HOME connection test has returned an error:  2

Thanks,

Ramaraju

1 2 3 Previous Next