If you want to keep run your env on two node, The database on first node, no need to enable other services and Second node (Application + web) should have all services enabled.
I have enabled all services (Root Services ,Web Entry Point Services ,Web Application Services ,Batch Processing Services ,Other Service Group) on node 1 and node 2 .
then database should display both node URL entries in ICX_parameters. am I right?
Do you think I should enable batch processing services on node1 only. for node 2 it should be disable. Is that cause a issue.?
please let me know .
Batch application service, web ,web entry, root service at application tier
Please refer my document (Note : this is for three tier) https://mohamedazar.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/erpinstallation.pdf
I referred your docs. as per your doc. you have one web node , one CM node and one database node.
as per my architecture.... I have 2 physical servers . one server having database and applications (CM,web,apache) and another server having only applications (CM, web , Apache)
My question is :
1. Can I configure CM on both applications server by enabling batch processing.
2. there are 2 different web applications services , then it should show url entries of both applications services in ICX_Parameters
if yes, when i click on any URL it is pointing to node1 URL .
My intention is i need to configure load balancer for both the applications web server.
and I need to configure PCP on both applications services.
Could you please correct on this.!!
Could u plz help me out on this issue.
Manish. Its very simple and I will help you through.
- In Multi-Node always remember that the URL will point to only 1 Node. Starting from R12, the last node where you run autoconfig, will be the node. So its absolutely fine.Even if you type, node.domainname.com:port it will go to node 1 only. So usually, DBAs run autoconfig in the order 1-2-1 so that it will point to Node 1.
- Secondly, if you are configuring Load Balancing, it depends on how you are configuring. If its DNS for e.g. Change the following 4 parameters in both the context files and update in DNS server. Lets say you the want the URL to be erp.domainname.com:port then set s_external_url - erp.domainname.com:port ....., s_login_page: erp.domainname.com:port.... ,s_webentryhost - erp, s_webenrtydomain - domainname.com
- Batch processing can be enabled in any number of nodes. Simply enable primary and secondary nodes in Concurrent--> Manager--> Define for PCP
Sharing The Application Tier File System in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1375769.1)
Using Load-Balancers with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1375686.1)