1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 12:31 PM by Bashar.

How to clone Prod to Test instance?

taoqirhassan

Hello,

We are using EBS 12.1.3 with DB version 11.2.0.4 on one box.I want to clone my Prod instance to Test instance. EBS, DB already running on test env.

1. How to cleanup test instance [remove EBS , DB ,making room for fresh copy of prod]

2. How to clone EBS apps and db tier ? [in which sequence these task will complete]

3. What about IP and host names?

Regards,

Taoqir

• 1. Re: How to clone Prod to Test instance?
          Bashar.

1. How to cleanup test instance [remove EBS , DB ,making room for fresh copy of prod]

Follow this document if you don't have any other Oracle product on the server:

11i: How To Clean Up The UNIX Environment After EBS 11i Install Fails (Doc ID 110372.1)

2. How to clone EBS apps and db tier ? [in which sequence these task will complete]

Cloning Oracle Applications Release 12 with Rapid Clone (Doc ID 406982.1)

3. What about IP and host names?

When you run adcfgclone as part of the cloning procedure, you can specify the host name that will be used to run the instance.

Of course you must change the host name and IP address before you start the cloning process.

Regards,

Bashar