5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2016 5:55 AM by vai

OBIEE 12c startup issues

vai

i have installed OBIEE 12c on our local server, I am able to login to EM and console, but not able to login to analytics.

when i tried checking the status with status.cmd command, the following components were shutdown, i tried restarting the server, but same issue.

NAME               STATUS    

obips1               SHUTDOWN

obisch1             SHUTDOWN

obis1                 SHUTDOWN

can someone help me resolving this issue.

• 1. Re: OBIEE 12c startup issues
          Gianni Ceresa

And what does the logs say?

It's the first to do: look at your logs to find the reason why your components aren't starting ...

• 2. Re: OBIEE 12c startup issues
            vai

Didnt find any errors in the log. But noticed 1 thing that, the default URL used by OBIEE is in below format,

http://computer_name.domain_name.com:port_no/  (Console/EM)

but the above URL never works, but when i remove the domain_name from the URL, it works fine, i am able to login to EM and console.

How do i change this default URL to exclude domain_name?

• 3. Re: OBIEE 12c startup issues
              vai

Hi Gianni Ceresa

Below are the presentation server logs. I am gettting the below error whenever i start 12c services.

<Mar 14, 2016 12:04:33 PM IST> <INFO> <NodeManager ComponentManager> <PROFILE_CLASSPATH=E:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\ORACLE~1\wlserver\server\lib\weblogic.jar>

<Mar 14, 2016 12:04:33 PM IST> <INFO> <NodeManager ComponentManager> <UTILS_MEM_ARGS=-Xms32m -Xmx1024m>

<Mar 14, 2016 12:04:33 PM IST> <INFO> <NodeManager ComponentManager> <ORACLE_OBICCS_HOSTS=ALDC1ITD-OB01.XXX.in:9508>

<Mar 14, 2016 12:05:19 PM IST> <INFO> <NodeManager ComponentManager> <The server 'obips1' with process id 2796 is no longer alive; waiting for the process to die.>

<Mar 14, 2016 12:05:19 PM IST> <FINEST> <NodeManager ComponentManager> <Process died.>

<Mar 14, 2016 12:05:19 PM IST> <INFO> <NodeManager ComponentManager> <Server failed during startup. It may be retried according to the auto restart configuration.>

<Mar 14, 2016 12:05:19 PM IST> <FINEST> <NodeManager ComponentManager> <get latest startup configuration before deciding/trying to restart the server>

<Mar 14, 2016 12:05:19 PM IST> <INFO> <NodeManager ComponentManager> <Server failed but will not be restarted because the maximum number of restart attempts has been exceeded>

• 4. Re: OBIEE 12c startup issues
                Krishna Desai

Were you able to fix this issue? Strangely all my components also went into shutdown mode, except the java host.

Regards,

Krishna

• 5. Re: OBIEE 12c startup issues
                  vai

i saw in some forum that, this issue is with windows server 2008. now i will try installing on windows server 2012.