6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2016 11:04 PM by JK2008

Attachment to Purchase Order

JK2008

Hi -

Company is on 12.1.3 and would like to attach word documents or excel files to the Printed PO Report.  I assume this is a simple configuration but am unable to find it.

I've attached a Document that is 27 KB to the header PO.

Went to Purchasing Configurations and enabled the Maximum Attachment Size (in MB) to be 500.

What other steps might I be missing?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Attachment to Purchase Order
          JK2008

Also to clarify - the business ask is to email this attachment to the supplier.

• 2. Re: Attachment to Purchase Order
            anasazii

You also have to enter a name for the attachments file...I think it is the field right below where you entered 500 for the attachment size.

Once those are turned on any FILE attachments of type 'To Supplier' will be zipped into the email that sends to the supplier. (The file attachments only appear on the email...they are not available in the 'View Document')

If you are using the canned layout for the Printed PO, text attachments will appear in the Printed PO along with an index of the filenames that are in the attachment file.

Janel

• 3. Re: Attachment to Purchase Order
              JK2008

Thanks for responding - I also gave the email attachment filename as "Attachments.zip: but no attachment is coming on the print out.

• 4. Re: Attachment to Purchase Order
                anasazii

Are you actually approving and emailing the PO?  The file attachments of type 'To Supplier' will only be attached to the email that sends to the supplier.  The PO Print will list the attachment names only...assuming you are using the canned PO template.  If it's custom you will have to make the appropriate changes to include the attachment names.

• 5. Re: Attachment to Purchase Order
                  JK2008

I'm updating an old PO and trying to see if the attachment is attaching.

How do I verify that it is attaching and emailing to the supplier?  To re-email I am following the steps:

Query PO

Tools > Communicate

Select Print and entering my email address.

I'm getting the email but only of the PO PDF but not of the attachment.

• 6. Re: Attachment to Purchase Order
                    JK2008

I have figured it out - I updated the Supplier email address and am able to see the attachment to the supplier.  Thank you for all your help!