6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2016 11:19 AM by Francisco Amores

Open interface adapter

Hi All,

I am trying to load from oracle db to FDMEE . In the documentation , it is given that the table AIF_OPEN_INTERFACE has to be loaded manually and then the table T_DATASEG_T  gets populated .

I am using Procedure to load AIF_OPEN_INTERFACE. After this I am not sure how to proceed . How does the table T_DATASEG_T gets data from AIF_OPEN_INTERFACE. Do i need to write script for that . Please let me know

Version used is 11.1.2.4.0

Thanks

OP

• 1. Re: Open interface adapter
          SH_INT

No all you need to do is write the code to populate the AIF_OPEN_INTERFACE table, the OIA already has the code to populate TDATASEG_T from the content in that table. It is contained in the ODI interface object called 'ERPI Open Interface to ERPI Balances'

• 2. Re: Open interface adapter

Ok Thanks for the information .But when this code to populate TDATASEG_T will be triggered  and how it gets triggered . I have gone through the documentation however its not clear for me .

Thanks

OP

• 3. Re: Open interface adapter
              SH_INT

I gets triggered automatically as part of the core functionality of the Open Interface Adpater. So as long as you have

– Selected a method to load AIF_OPEN_INTERFACE (in your case via a procedure - I assume executed as part of the BefImport event script)

– Copied the pre-loaded Open Interface Adapter (OIA)

– Registered a Source System (i.e. your Oracle DB) referencing the copy of the OIA created in the previous step

– Create import format specifying the new Source System and regenerate the ODI scenario

– Create location, mappings, data load rule, etc.

– Run rule via the FDMEE UI, via scheduler or via a batch file

• 4. Re: Open interface adapter

Thanks for the information . And I am planning to insert the procedure as part of ODI OIA package . Not tried though .Hope it is possible .

Thanks

OP

• 5. Re: Open interface adapter
                  SH_INT

Yes that is possible, it just has to be inserted as a step in the package before the 'ERPI Open Interface to ERPI Balances' Interface step. Also don't modify the existing package in the Open Interface Adpater Project in ODI - duplicate it and modify the copy. 

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Open interface adapter
                    Francisco Amores

Take into consideration that if you want to modify the ODI project you will need a staging ODI repository to perform customization and then import back to fdmee repo. It's all in the admin guide

HTH

1 person found this helpful