3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2016 9:40 PM by Matperry-Oracle

Identifier SDO_RDF.CREATE_RDF_NETWORK must be declared ORA-06550 ORACLE 12c

I am working with semantic (RDF/OWL) data and want to store it in Oracle 12c. I have installed all necessary softwares.

I have created a pluggable database PROJOWL and trying to create a table within that to store the RDF data.

The steps I follow are from HERE (go to 1.11)https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/RDFRM/sdo_rdf_concepts.htm#RDFRM602

Step 1: CREATE TABLESPACE rdf_users DATAFILE 'rdf_users.dat'

SIZE 128M REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 64M

MAXSIZE UNLIMITED SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO; 

Step 2: EXECUTE SEM_APIS.CREATE_SEM_NETWORK('rdf_users');

This is where I get the error

SQL> EXECUTE SDO_RDF.CREATE_RDF_NETWORK('rdf_users');

BEGIN SDO_RDF.CREATE_RDF_NETWORK('rdf_users'); END; 

* Error on line 1: ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:

PLS-00201: Identifier SDO_RDF.CREATE_RDF_NETWORK must be declared ORA-06550:

line 1, column 7: PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Not sure what to do to resolve this.

• 1. Re: Identifier SDO_RDF.CREATE_RDF_NETWORK must be declared ORA-06550 ORACLE 12c
          Matperry-Oracle

Hi,

I believe you need to install the RDF software. It is not enabled by default. To check, connect as sys and do select * from mdsys.rdf_parameter. If this table is missing, then RDF is not installed.

Instructions are here: https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/RDFRM/sem_enable.htm#RDFRM119

Basically, you need to run $ORACLE_HOME/md/admin/catsem.sql as SYSDBA

Since you are using a multi-tenant setup, you need to run catsem.sql from the command line with catcon.pl rather than through SQL*Plus.

http://docs.oracle.com/database/121/ADMIN/cdb_admin.htm#ADMIN14073

For example,

[user5@system10]$ $ORACLE_HOME/perl/bin/perl $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catcon.pl -u SYS -d $ORACLE_HOME/md/admin -b catsem_output catsem.sql

Thanks,
          Matt

• 2. Re: Identifier SDO_RDF.CREATE_RDF_NETWORK must be declared ORA-06550 ORACLE 12c

thanks i enabled it successfully. but now

when i run

EXECUTE sem_apis.CREATE_RDF_NETWORK('rdf_users');

BEGIN sem_apis.CREATE_RDF_NETWORK('rdf_users'); END;

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-13199: Error during RDF Network creation: step_num=10 SQLERRM=ORA-13199:

RDF: Error in load_predefined_rulebases(): SQLERRM=ORA-65040: operation not

allowed from within a pluggable database. Error backtrace is: ORA-06512: at

"MDSYS.MD", line 1723

ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.MDERR", line 17

ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.LOAD_PREDEFINED_RULEBASES", line 13

ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.SDO_RDF_INTERNAL", line 17282

ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.MD", line 1723

ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.MDERR", line 17

ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.SDO_RDF_INTERNAL", line 17419

ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.SDO_RDF", line 4050

ORA-06512: at "MDSYS.RDF_APIS", line 1330

ORA-06512: at line 1

• 3. Re: Identifier SDO_RDF.CREATE_RDF_NETWORK must be declared ORA-06550 ORACLE 12c
              Matperry-Oracle

I think the install is not clean somehow. ORA-65040 usually happens when you try to modify a global object from within a PDB.

I would suggest that you uninstall and reinstall RDF and then check the MDSYS.RDF_PARAMETER table in both CDB$ROOT and all your PDBs.

Before uninstall/re-install, please run sem_apis.drop_sem_network() to clean up the failed creation.

To uninstall:

[user5@system10]$ $ORACLE_HOME/perl/bin/perl $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catcon.pl -u SYS -d $ORACLE_HOME/md/admin -b semremov_output semremov.sql

To re-install:

[user5@system10]$ $ORACLE_HOME/perl/bin/perl $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catcon.pl -u SYS -d $ORACLE_HOME/md/admin -b catsem_output catsem.sql

Thanks,
              Matt