4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2016 4:37 PM by Tubby

Is Oracle Forms Reports or D2K developer and Oracle apps developer same?

IndiMinds

Hi

everyone

I want to know if anyone has experience in Oracle forms and reports then Can he work on Oracle Apps?  I am a Oracle Forms Reports developer So can i apply for Oracle Apps developer?

• 1. Re: Is Oracle Forms Reports or D2K developer and Oracle apps developer same?
          Tubby

IndiMinds wrote:

Hi

everyone

I want to know if anyone has experience in Oracle forms and reports then Can he work on Oracle Apps?  I am a Oracle Forms Reports developer So can i apply for Oracle Apps developer?

Depends on who's hiring you. If they are satisfied that your technical background is compliant and don't care that perhaps you have none of the business knowledge required then sure you can.

It will be entirely dependant on the company looking to fill a role and the amount of ramp up time they're willing to spend with a new hire.

Cheers,

• 2. Re: Is Oracle Forms Reports or D2K developer and Oracle apps developer same?
            IndiMinds

Thanks Tubby But i want to just know whether having knowledge in Oracle forms and reports is sufficient to work on Oracle Apps.

• 3. Re: Is Oracle Forms Reports or D2K developer and Oracle apps developer same?
              John Stegeman

Generally - no. Oracle Apps (aka the E-Business Suite) has a lot of nuances and things you need to be aware of to be a good developer. Having said that, everyone has to start somewhere. If you are looking for an entry-level role where they understand you have only Forms/Reports experience and are willing to train you on the apps part - you should be able to do that.

• 4. Re: Is Oracle Forms Reports or D2K developer and Oracle apps developer same?
                Tubby

IndiMinds wrote:

Thanks Tubby But i want to just know whether having knowledge in Oracle forms and reports is sufficient to work on Oracle Apps.

What do you mean by sufficient? If you're tasked with changing a workflow, do you know the API's to call to achieve that? Just because you know the underlying technology doesn't mean you can accomplish the tasks you'd be required to do.

Maybe others with more experience in Oracle Apps will chime in, but from what I've seen someone who just knows Forms/Reports won't get very far if dumped in to an Oracle Apps role (without sufficient tutoring).

Think about any Form/Report you've written to date, how well would you do if you didn't know a single thing about the data model? It's kind of the same thing.

Cheers,