2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2016 8:59 AM by Gianni Ceresa

Copying Answers from 10G to 11G and its access problem

0b78e5eb-9d8d-457c-92d3-c578a6df65f6

I am migrating 10G to 11G and having both of OBIEE live, 10G will be terminated in March.

Before I terminate 10G, I need some answers in 10G moved to 11G and copied the "SQL Issued" from 10G to 11G's "New Analysis".

But when I want to open it, below error message pops up.

"You do not have access privilege for this subject area."

I do have access to designated subject area but still can't open that copied answer(analysis).

could you please help me how to solve this problem?

• 1. Re: Copying Answers from 10G to 11G and its access problem
          Simon.D

What's the reason you're not migrating the entire catalogue with the migration tool that's provided to you with the 11g installation? How did you move the RPD?

• 2. Re: Copying Answers from 10G to 11G and its access problem
            Gianni Ceresa

+1 for Simon on that

The code (both XML and LSQL) of analysis changed between 10g and 11g, OBIEE generates queries in 11g with some extra functions if needed and so copying LSQL between version is the best way to end up with a nice 11g environment but not really clean analysis.

You can run the Upgrade Assistant as many times as you want and you can run it only on the web catalog if you want.

So run it against your 10g catalog, store the output in a temporary location and then copy objects (analysis) from there to your 11g web catalog and check the output.

That's the clean way to try to reduce issues in the future (your 10g LSQL will maybe still behave the same in 11g, but what about 12c the day you migrate?).