5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 2:12 PM by Felipe_Idalgo

How to achieve this in OBIEE 11g?

AbinashBehera

Hi All,

I have a Month Range Prompt having Presentation Variable 'M'.

suppose user gives Month between: APR-2014 to DEC2015, I am passing this prompt as  descriptor ID of another column which will be : 201404,201512

so the PV M will have '201404,201512',

But I need to pass one month less than the Prompted start month. So  if user gives prompt as APR-2014 to DEC-2015, MAR-2014 to DEC-2015 should be passed.

i.e the PV should be having '201403,201512'

Can we achieve this in obiee 11g?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Abinash

• 1. Re: How to achieve this in OBIEE 11g?
          SriniVEERAVALLI

How you are getting these 201404,201512 values  when user selects APR-2014 to DEC2015?

• 2. Re: How to achieve this in OBIEE 11g?
            AbinashBehera

I have a column in DIM_TIME called, CAl_YYYYMM, which i have added as a 'Descriptor ID of" to Fiscal Month Year Column in RPD. The value of CAl_YYYYMM is like 201404.

so if I Select MAY-2014, the PV will take the value of CAl_YYYYMM i.e. 201404.

As the Prompt is Month range so it will be comma separated. i.e 201404,201512

Thanks,

Abinash

• 3. Re: How to achieve this in OBIEE 11g?
              Felipe_Idalgo

Hi,

I don't know if there is other easily way, but I would try that:

Supose you has one PPT (prompt) and one Analysis (Report) linked between them

PPT (with month range) ---> Analysis (must receive PV calculated)

1 - Create a auxiliary analysis for receive PV and then calculate your months according you want

On this analysis you can use a month column and apply your PV from your PPT as a filter

Create a calculated column, union and so on for generate your Month Range + Aditional Month as you want

2 - Set this aux analysis as a filter for your Report using your calc column

It looks like that

Published (on a Dashboard)  No Published (on a Dashboard)                         Published (on a Dashboard)

PPT (with month range) ---> AUX Analysis (calculate your Month Range) ---> Analysis (must receive PV calculated)

I hope this help

Felipe Idalgo

• 4. Re: How to achieve this in OBIEE 11g?
                AbinashBehera

Hi Felipe,

Thanks for your reply.

What I found, this concept might work in case of Dashboard, where we can link multiple analysis with a single dashboard prompt.

But In my case, I have to build it in Analysis page with analysis propmt.

is there any way out....

thanks,

abinash

• 5. Re: How to achieve this in OBIEE 11g?
                  Felipe_Idalgo

Hi,

Then you have just one analysis with above logic and you wanna use inline prompts? is that ok?

Felipe Idalgo