1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 3, 2016 11:30 AM by Dent, Arthur Dent

SQL Developer error : Error during handleEvent on action 'Compile'

Dent, Arthur Dent

SQL Developer version 4.1.0.19

JDK 1.8.0_25

Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production (running on same machine as SQL Developer)

PL/SQL Release 11.2.0.3.0 - Production

"CORE 11.2.0.3.0 Production"

TNS for 64-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.3.0 - Production

NLSRTL Version 11.2.0.3.0 - Production

I have been working with this version of SQL Developer for several months with no major issues but the last couple of days it has refused to save or compile some of the package files I am working on.  It seems to be fine with small packages but not a couple of the lager ones (which are 1500 line 75kb and 2500 lines 144kb each).  It is fine with much smaller packages.

When I try and compile these the text in the tab goes italic indicating unsaved changes and I get the following message...

SEVERE143189531oracle.ide.controller.IdeActionError during handleEvent on action 'Compile' (id=576). None of the attached controllers handled the action. - oracle.ide.controller.IdeAction$ControllerDelegatingController@4d9bed02[oracle.ideimpl.controller.MetaClassController@4d9bed02[oracle.dbtools.raptor.plsql.PLSQLController]].

When I press Ctrl-S to save the file I get a message similar to ...

Unable to save C:\path\package_name.pkb ((null))

I have masked the actual path and package name.

The package compiles when run from SQL*Plus.

I did a search for this and only found the following... https://community.oracle.com/thread/3567049?start=0&tstart=0 so is it just me?

Thanks in advance.