-------

Component Version

========= =======

Oracle IDE 4.1.3.20.78

Java(TM) Platform 1.8.0_60

Versioning Support 4.1.3.20.78

Issue 1

sql_developer_error - Copy.png

I dont use the Shift+F4 because it does not show me the DDL. I use the schema browser very often. After filtering for schema and table this is what I get sometimes on right click. This happens only sometimes and am unable to reproduce it. This time I captured it while it occurred. As seen in the picture this is not what right clicks always normally look like. When this happens the right click behaves like as if it was designed for touch screen and many options of the right click go missing. Not that it happens all the time. But want to know if I am doing something wrong.

Issue 2

sql_developer_error_2.png

I created the above image in mspaint to explain the problem. I am not able to reproduce it. I use Window+Right arrow and Window+Left arrow very often on SQL developer. Few of the times that I use this, I am unable to copy the contents of "Script output" subwindow/pane/tab becuase the "script output"(with all those buttons) kind of goes down while copying the contents of what users were dropped or what tablespaces were altered. The buttons are where they are supposed to be, so I can press the "clear script output" button or the "pin" script output button only where I should be able to. The below two "Script Outputs" are just painted on the SQL developer "script output" , the buttons are not pressable .

Is my narration of the problem understandable?

Am I doing something wrong here?

Many thanks

Copied manually from Float worksheet and get SQL popup from query result

Thank you very much for your patience and support.

• 1. Re: UI issues with SQL developer
          Gary Graham-Oracle

Is my narration of the problem understandable?

Am I doing something wrong here?

Probably yes and no, but for...

1. Issue 1, I have never noticed an entire section missing from the Schema Browser's context menu before.

2. Issue 2, I have never seen the script output tabs of a worksheet appearing other than side-by-side each other, never above and below as you show.

Just as with the other discussion your post is copied from, where in one post you mention the drag and drop is not working properly, these types of behavior are abnormal and may be indicative of some installation issue or driver conflict with the Java native code.  Truly strange stuff.

I would make sure the JDK version pointed to by the %APPDATA%\sqldeveloper\product.conf is the latest, check into video and mouse driver updates, and perhaps even erase or rename your user settings in %APPDATA%\SQL Developer\system4.1.3.20.78 before downloading again and unzipping SQL Developer 4.1.3 into an empty directory.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: UI issues with SQL developer
            nohup

Okay. thank you very much for your quick responses Gary/Jeff and patience.

Usually things work out after a restart of SQL developer but I just wanted to report this behaviour because I was not able to copy contents of Script Output.

Thank you