4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2016 9:33 AM by Nagaraj8

ODI 12C standalone agent installation

Nagaraj8

HI,

I am  new to ODI, i have installed ODI 12c in my pc,but having issue while configuring standalone agent .

while specifying the datasource configuration type ,it is asking for schema owner and password.when i see the comment it is as follows

"Enter the user name and password for connecting to the database's Service Table schema. This is the schema user name and password that was specified for the Service Table component on the "Schema Passwords" screen in RCU"

But the thing is i have created the master repository using ODI studio but not using RCU . "The default user name is prefix_STB, whereprefix is the custom prefix that you defined in RCU."   since i have registered a schema while creating master repository and trying to give the same in "schema owner" field in standalone agent configuration which infact throwing an error. i am really confused so can someone kindly answer the below questions.

1.creation of master repository using ODI studio and RCU are same?

2.If master repository is created using ODI studio then how can we configure agent  ?

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Nagaraj.

• 1. Re: ODI 12C standalone agent installation
          JeromeFr

Hi Nagaraj8,

Welcome in the ODI and welcome on OTN.

1. No it's not exactly the same.

Creating the repo with the RCU will create one master and one work repositories in the same schema. If you do it from ODI, you will end up with 2 different schemas.

There might be some other differences. I usually recommend to use the RCU.

Something I would be interested to know is if the following query returns something:

select * from SCHEMA_VERSION_REGISTRY;

When running the RCU, it "registers" your master repository in that table in the system schema. It is used for instance by the upgrade assistant to check which repositories are in which version and what could be upgraded.

Do you have something in there after creating the repositories from ODI Studio?

2. Could you paste  the error message?

Regards,

JeromeFr

• 2. Re: ODI 12C standalone agent installation
            mRainey

Hi Nagaraj,

Regarding the STB schema, you can actually skip using that schema and manually configure the repository connections.

In the image from this section in the documents, select manual configuration: https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/1212/odi/ODING/configure_sa.htm#BGBDCEDA

You can then manually enter the repository information: https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/1212/wls/WLDCW/configuration_screens.htm#WLDCW211

As Jerome said, you won't have the STB schema unless you create the ODI repositories via the RCU (as is recommended).

Regards,

Michael Rainey

• 3. Re: ODI 12C standalone agent installation
              Nagaraj8

HI JeromeFr,

Thanks for you response,

the query returned Capture3.PNG

2. the error message is as follows.

CFGFWK-64219:failed to bind the schema component data

Error message: com.oracle.cie.rcu.ComponentSchemaException: SQLException thrown

at com.oracle.cie.rcu.ComponentSchemaInfoFactory.getComponentSchemaInfos(ComponentSchemaInfoFactory.java:56)

at com.oracle.cie.domain.gui.jdbc.ShadowTableConfigurationPanel$BindThread.run(ShadowTableConfigurationPanel.java:707)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:450)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:399)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.processError(T4C8Oall.java:1059)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.receive(T4CTTIfun.java:522)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIfun.doRPC(T4CTTIfun.java:257)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4C8Oall.doOALL(T4C8Oall.java:587)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.doOall8(T4CStatement.java:210)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.doOall8(T4CStatement.java:30)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CStatement.executeForDescribe(T4CStatement.java:762)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeMaybeDescribe(OracleStatement.java:925)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1111)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeQuery(OracleStatement.java:1309)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatementWrapper.executeQuery(OracleStatementWrapper.java:422)

at com.oracle.cie.rcu.ComponentSchemaInfoFactory.getComponentSchemaInfos(ComponentSchemaInfoFactory.java:34)

... 1 more

Regards,

Nagaraj.

• 4. Re: ODI 12C standalone agent installation
                Nagaraj8

HI Michael,

Firstly thanks for responding,

i have already tried 'the option manual configuration as i was not able to move forward with RCU, though domain was not created successfully.

in the component component datasources section icould see there are two data sources.

1.LocalsvcTBL schema

2.ODI master schema

my schema is "nagaraj" ..this is the schema i have registered while creating master repository using ODI.

i have given the same for the above mentioned schemas .Capture.PNG

but i ended up with Capture1.PNG