2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2016 9:55 AM by 3122179

BPA fails with Error Number 3

The BPA of a Model Item fails with following error message:

----------------

Action Required: Document Manager Failed With Error Number 3 while processing Blanket Purchase Agreement 201000303

The Document Manager failed with error number 3.

Error Number 3 = Unknown Error.

Contact your system administrator.

Error Messages:

----------------

For Model Item following is setup

1) BPA

2) Approved Supplier List

3) Sourcing Rule

4) Assign Sourcing Rule

When the Model Item is entered on a sales order and star item is created it fails to get added to the BPA and the BPA fails and remains in 'In Process' status. This happens intermittently (thrice in a week)

It would help if you can give any pointers as to what is causing this issue.

• 1. Re: BPA fails with Error Number 3
          anasazii

I don't have an answer for you but are you on a RAC environment? And what version EBS? We would randomly get this error for Requisitions and POs and the closest we could ever narrow it down was it was possibly due to RAC performance. It is frustrating since it's usually not reproducible and retrying the workflow usually solved it. We have been off of RAC for several years and I don't know that we see the error any more.

This was a note I had used to help research the error...not sure if there is an updated version anywhere for r12.

11.5.10: How To Diagnose Intermittent Document Manager Error 3 During Purchase Order And Requisition Approval? (Doc ID 1273090.1)

hth,

Janel

• 2. Re: BPA fails with Error Number 3

Hi Janel,

Thanks for your response. The environment is not RAC, The version of Oracle is

RDBMS : 11.2.0.4.0

Oracle Applications : 12.1.3

I checked the Note - 11.5.10: How To Diagnose Intermittent Document Manager Error 3 During Purchase Order And Requisition Approval? (Doc ID 1273090.1)

None of the below seems application.

1. Check whether a RAC instance is being used - Not a RAC

For the below two both RESPONDER_APPL_ID and RESPONDER_RESP_ID is Null, so both not applicable

2. Check whether context patch5389914 is applied

3. Check whether context patch8339900 is applied

For the buyer user of the BPA delegation rules are not set

4. Check whether delegation rules are involved

When the buyer retries the stuck BPA it gets approved, however this BPA fails almost thrice a week.

5. Retry stuck Purchase Orders and Requisitions

The retry activity by buyer gets the BPA to approved status

6. Reset Purchase Orders and Requisitions to Incomplete if retry fails

I would appreciate if you can give further pointers in resolving this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan