3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2016 9:00 PM by Gary Graham-Oracle

Connection Color Not Resetting

pnosko

I'm using 4.1.1.19 on Windows 7. I found a thread from back in 2013 where this was supposed to be fixed. If you switch a window from a connection with color specified to one without, the color is not reset.

• 1. Re: Connection Color Not Resetting
          Gary Graham-Oracle

You must mean: 4.0EA1 - Connection Color Not Resetting

In fact, I do not see any bug logged for this  Moreover, the behavior seems the same in 4.1.3 and even in recent development builds.  Once a worksheet is opened, it maintains the same border color regardless of switching connections via the drop down list, or alteration of the connection's assigned color in properties.

If that behavior really bothers you, it is best to log an SR with MOS. There may have been some reason for not making the fix, or perhaps the request just "fell through the cracks".

• 2. Re: Connection Color Not Resetting
            pnosko
            Once a worksheet is opened, it maintains the same border color regardless of switching connections via the drop down list

Actually, no. It changes when you switch to a connection that has a color assigned.

If that behavior really bothers you

Wow. I'm mentioning a bug in a feature, something I thought might contribute towards making a better product. If Oracle doesn't care, then they can just let it slip through the cracks once again.

• 3. Re: Connection Color Not Resetting
              Gary Graham-Oracle

If Oracle doesn't care, then they can just let it slip through the cracks once again.

On the contrary, those of us on the SQL Developer team do care very much about the quality of the product.  It's just that...

1. This community is supported by volunteers.  Although Oracle employees (especially Product Mgmt) respond to many posts, it is not obligatory.

2. Oracle Support does not log bugs against early adopter releases, so this is the place to report defects in early adopter releases.

3. Once a release has gone production, however, please report remaining defects to Oracle Support by raising a Service Request.

Our team definitely appreciates feedback, but Oracle Support also has a role to play.