2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2016 7:22 PM by orawin2

OBIEE 11g to 12c import / migration error

orawin2

Hi

I'm in the process of importing 11g into 12c after a ssuccessful installation and domain configuration of 12c. I get an error on the last step i.e., while importing the 11g export-bundle into 12c. Any thought would be much appreciated!

Both 11g and 12c are in RHEL, 64 bit OS.

11g export was successful. Attached is the export_successful.png.

Used the following command for importing:

/bi01/app/oracle/fmw/user_projects/domains/bidomain_1/bitools/bin/migration-tool.sh in /bi01/stage/bi-11g-export.jar ssi

Import failed with this error output. Below is the full log snippet. Attached is the error log migration-2016-04-11-20-07-51.log.txt. Rest of the logs are in migration-diagnostics.zip though.

$ /bi01/app/oracle/fmw/user_projects/domains/bidomain_1/bitools/bin/migration-tool.sh in /bi01/stage/tmp/migration-tool-export/crm-dev-11g-export.jar ssi
      Oracle BI Migration Tool

Logging to: /bi01/app/oracle/fmw/user_projects/domains/bidomain_1/bilogs/migration/migration-2016-04-11-20-07-51.log
      RPD password is required for migration
      Enter RPD password:
      Import requested from bundle: /bi01/stage/tmp/migration-tool-export/crm-dev-11g-export.jar
      Import requested to Oracle home: /bi01/app/oracle/fmw/user_projects/domains/bidomain_1
      Import requested to domain home: /bi01/app/oracle/fmw/user_projects/domains/bidomain_1
      Performing pre-import validation
      Performing import
      An error occurred: oracle/bi/metadata/util/zip/Unzip
      Log file may contain more detail: /bi01/app/oracle/fmw/user_projects/domains/bidomain_1/bilogs/migration/migration-2016-04-11-20-07-51.log

Thank you in advance!

• 1. Re: OBIEE 11g to 12c import / migration error
          orawin2

Ok, I think I am able to narrow down to where the problem is happening. The creation of bi-migration-tool.jar itself is throwing an error.

Any thoughts on what is causing this error?

Here is the command used for creating the jar file

$ ./migration-tool.sh package bi-migration-tool-o sr2. jar

Error log

$FMW_HOME/user_projects/domains/bidomain_1/bilogs/migration/migration-2016-04-12-15-00-54.log

[oracle@mke-dwobiap-d21 migration]$ cat migration-2016-04-12-15-00-54.log

Apr 12, 2016 3:00:54 PM oracle.bi.migration.tool.MigrationTool informUser

INFO: Creating Migration Tool jar

Apr 12, 2016 3:00:54 PM oracle.bi.migration.tool.MigrationTool alertUser

SEVERE: An error occurred: oracle/bi/metadata/util/FileUtils

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/bi/metadata/util/FileUtils

at oracle.bi.migration.reifyjar.ReifyJar.nonrecursivelyAddJar(ReifyJar.java:93)

at oracle.bi.migration.reifyjar.ReifyJar.recursivelyAddJar(ReifyJar.java:117)

at oracle.bi.migration.orchestration.actionspecification.PackageAction.performAction(PackageAction.java:48)

at oracle.bi.migration.orchestration.MigrationConductor.performMigrationAction(MigrationConductor.java:115)

at oracle.bi.migration.tool.MigrationTool.go(MigrationTool.java:203)

at oracle.bi.migration.tool.MigrationTool.main(MigrationTool.java:258)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.bi.metadata.util.FileUtils

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)

... 6 more

SEVERE: Log file may contain more detail: /bi01/app/oracle/fmw/user_projects/domains/bidomain_1/bilogs/migration/migration-2016-04-12-15-00-54.log

SEVERE: Migration action failed

• 2. Re: OBIEE 11g to 12c import / migration error
            orawin2

I hate to answer my own question but I had to de-install and re install the entire application. Followed the steps in https://docs.oracle.com/middleware/1221/core/BIMIG/GUID-D0867450-1AEF-43DE-8144-7816F7105CB1.htm#BIMIG-GUID-D0867450-1AE… for 11g to 12c migration.