1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2016 4:52 PM by JimZ

Do I need to install Application Express when I install ORDS with Glassfish?

JimZ

Hi,

According to Oracle document,  1.7.4 Configuring Oracle Application Express Images

My question is do I need to Install Oracle Application Express on this server or it just needs the images files to create the i.war file?

Before you begin, you must create a web archive (WAR) file to reference the Oracle Application Express image files. Use the static command to create a web archive file named i.war:

java -jar ords.war static <apex directory>\images

Where: <apex directory> is the directory location of Oracle Application Express.

The created images WAR does not contain the static resources; instead, it references the location where the static resources are stored. Therefore the static resources must be available at the specified path on the server where the WAR is deployed.

Tip: Use java -jar ords.war help static to see the full range of options for the static command. Use the i.war file to deploy to GlassFish in the following steps

Best,

Jim

1 2 Previous Next