11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2016 2:50 PM by rpc1

Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning

rpc1

Hi, I have problem with connections to Planning  ( I'm testing EPM 11.1.2.4 )

One report uses this connection, but error occures during connection.... Essbase connection works fine

Current version of HP and FR:

I have read some documents about similar errors and followed it recomendations but nothing helps

Oracle Support Document 2083637.1 (Error When Financial Reporting (FR) Tries To Connect To Planning: "Error connecting to database connection <name>: [0] Unable to open connection to localhost, [0] Planning provider error")

Oracle Support Document 2081964.1 (Error When Creating Financial Reporting (FR) Database Connection Against A Planning Cube: "Unable to open connection to localhost")

Planning_AdmDriver.log  has errors

[2016-04-04T14:31:09.972+04:00] [FinancialReporting0] [WARNING] [] [oracle.EPMHSP.admdriver] [tid: 22] [userId: <anonymous>] [ecid: 00iZZm2TExzFw00Fzzw0w00002ro0006LA,0:1] [APP: FINANCIALREPORTING#11.1.2.0] [URI: /hr/modules/com/hyperion/reporting/web/common/HRDsLogonFns.jsp] [SRC_CLASS: com.hyperion.ap.hsp.thin.logger.HSPAdmLogger] [SRC_METHOD: logStackTrace] {1}[[

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.hyperion.ap.hsp.thin.HspAdmThinSession.readInputStream(HspAdmThinSession.java:1391)

at com.hyperion.ap.hsp.thin.HspAdmThinSession.readPresponse(HspAdmThinSession.java:690)

at com.hyperion.ap.hsp.thin.HspAdmThinSession.sendRequest(HspAdmThinSession.java:275)

at com.hyperion.ap.hsp.thin.HspAdmThinSession.connect(HspAdmThinSession.java:191)

at com.hyperion.ap.hsp.HspAdmDriver.openConnection(HspAdmDriver.java:988)

at com.hyperion.ap.hsp.HspAdmDriver.HssConnOpenConnection(HspAdmDriver.java:497)

at com.hyperion.ap.adm.HssConnSessionWrapper.HssConnOpenConnection(HssConnSessionWrapper.java:1561)

at com.hyperion.ap.adm.HssAdm.openConnection(HssAdm.java:912)

at com.hyperion.ap.adm.HssAdm.internal_openConnection(HssAdm.java:1853)

at com.hyperion.ap.adm.HssAdm.openConnection(HssAdm.java:974)

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
          JohnGoodwin

If it is related to the date issue have you tried applying the PSE which should be applied on top of 11.1.2.4.04

Patch 22937337: MERGE PATCH FOR BUG 22746119

21379711 - User may not be able to connect to Planning data source from Financial Reporting if date format for Planning application under user preferences is set to a value other than ‘Automatically Detect’.

Also make sure you apply the post installation steps after patching.

Cheers

John

• 2. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
            rpc1

21379711 - User may not be able to connect to Planning data source from Financial Reporting if date format for Planning application under user preferences is set to a value other than ‘Automatically Detect’.

I have already set 'Automaticly Detect' everywhere, but It didn't help. Therefore I think may be problem in other... I will try to install recomended patch, but it will take some time

• 3. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
              JohnGoodwin

I understand but at least if you apply the fix then it definitely rules it out and you can concentrate on other areas.

• 4. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
                rpc1

Thanks, John! I will let you know about it after patching )

• 5. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
                  rpc1

Patch didn't help, Error still occures

[2016-05-05T17:45:04.004+04:00] [FinancialReporting0] [ERROR] [] [oracle.EPMFR.core] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '12' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: <anonymous>] [ecid: 00i^AvL5WhsFw00Fzzw0w000055W000034,0:1] [APP: FINANCIALREPORTING#11.1.2.0] [URI: /hr/modules/com/hyperion/reporting/web/common/HRDsLogonFns.jsp] [SRC_CLASS: com.hyperion.reporting.datasource.HrDsManagerBean] [SRC_METHOD: validateDatasource] 1001; nested exception is: [[

com.hyperion.ap.APException: [0] Unable to open connection to localhost, null com.hyperion.reporting.util.HyperionReportException: Ошибка при подключении к базе данных Invest: Unable to open connection to localhost, null

at com.hyperion.reporting.connection.UserConnection.openConnection(UserConnection.java:758)

at com.hyperion.reporting.connection.UserConnection.openConnection(UserConnection.java:569)

at com.hyperion.reporting.connection.UserConnection.<init>(UserConnection.java:137)

at com.hyperion.reporting.connection.ConnectionManager.getConnection(ConnectionManager.java:418)

at com.hyperion.reporting.connection.ConnectionManager.getCube(ConnectionManager.java:464)

at com.hyperion.reporting.connection.ConnectionManager.getCube(ConnectionManager.java:492)

at com.hyperion.reporting.datasource.HrDsManagerBean.validateDatasource(HrDsManagerBean.java:1152)

at com.hyperion.reporting.datasource.HrDsManagerBean.doEdit(HrDsManagerBean.java:695)

at com.hyperion.reporting.datasource.HrDsManagerBean.process(HrDsManagerBean.java:209)

at jsp_servlet._modules._com._hyperion._reporting._web._common.__hrdslogonfns._jspService(__hrdslogonfns.java:1436)

at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:301)

• 6. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
                    rpc1

I maked clean install from distributive 11.1.2.4 , but error still occures ....

any ideas ?

I think, it could be because of  windows server local settings ...

Does anybody  work with Hyperion EPM 11.2.4 on none english (us) local  and doesn't have this issue ?

• 7. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
                      JohnGoodwin

I have done quite a few 2.4 installs with planning and reports and have not seen this issue, I have seen an issue where when there are multiple planning servers there is an issue connecting to them which was fixed in a planning patch but I think FR patch 701 broke it again, maybe it does relate the language.

As a test to see if is you could add the following to the JVMOptions registry or start params for the FR web app.

-Duser.country=US

-Duser.language=EN

Also increase the JVMOptionCount if on windows, see if that makes a difference, at least it would help point to see if it is a language issue

Cheers

John

• 8. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
                        rpc1

Thanks, John!

unfortunately, it doesn't help - nothing changed...

I have already create SR but Oracle Support 7 days keep silent  )))  may be it is really bug ...

• 9. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning

Hey,

I know the patch did not resolve your error message, but for information purposes we had the same problem and the patch actually fixed it for us .

• 10. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
                            AL.

Hi rcp1,

I'm facing the same error with PBCS. I've also tried everythying and  opened a new SR but there isn´t any solution yet.

Do you got any update with this? Have you solved it?

BR,

• 11. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
                              rpc1

No, support not hurry, they kept silent for two weeks and than gave me recommendations to change date format in planning,

but I wrote in SR about it =)