11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2016 2:50 PM by rpc1

Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning

rpc1

Hi, I have problem with connections to Planning  ( I'm testing EPM 11.1.2.4 )

One report uses this connection, but error occures during connection.... Essbase connection works fine

Current version of HP and FR:

I have read some documents about similar errors and followed it recomendations but nothing helps

Oracle Support Document 2083637.1 (Error When Financial Reporting (FR) Tries To Connect To Planning: "Error connecting to database connection <name>: [0] Unable to open connection to localhost, [0] Planning provider error")

Oracle Support Document 2081964.1 (Error When Creating Financial Reporting (FR) Database Connection Against A Planning Cube: "Unable to open connection to localhost")

Planning_AdmDriver.log  has errors

[2016-04-04T14:31:09.972+04:00] [FinancialReporting0] [WARNING] [] [oracle.EPMHSP.admdriver] [tid: 22] [userId: <anonymous>] [ecid: 00iZZm2TExzFw00Fzzw0w00002ro0006LA,0:1] [APP: FINANCIALREPORTING#11.1.2.0] [URI: /hr/modules/com/hyperion/reporting/web/common/HRDsLogonFns.jsp] [SRC_CLASS: com.hyperion.ap.hsp.thin.logger.HSPAdmLogger] [SRC_METHOD: logStackTrace] {1}[[

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.hyperion.ap.hsp.thin.HspAdmThinSession.readInputStream(HspAdmThinSession.java:1391)

at com.hyperion.ap.hsp.thin.HspAdmThinSession.readPresponse(HspAdmThinSession.java:690)

at com.hyperion.ap.hsp.thin.HspAdmThinSession.sendRequest(HspAdmThinSession.java:275)

at com.hyperion.ap.hsp.thin.HspAdmThinSession.connect(HspAdmThinSession.java:191)

at com.hyperion.ap.hsp.HspAdmDriver.openConnection(HspAdmDriver.java:988)

at com.hyperion.ap.hsp.HspAdmDriver.HssConnOpenConnection(HspAdmDriver.java:497)

at com.hyperion.ap.adm.HssConnSessionWrapper.HssConnOpenConnection(HssConnSessionWrapper.java:1561)

at com.hyperion.ap.adm.HssAdm.openConnection(HssAdm.java:912)

at com.hyperion.ap.adm.HssAdm.internal_openConnection(HssAdm.java:1853)

at com.hyperion.ap.adm.HssAdm.openConnection(HssAdm.java:974)

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
          JG_Gone

If it is related to the date issue have you tried applying the PSE which should be applied on top of 11.1.2.4.04

Patch 22937337: MERGE PATCH FOR BUG 22746119

21379711 - User may not be able to connect to Planning data source from Financial Reporting if date format for Planning application under user preferences is set to a value other than ‘Automatically Detect’.

Also make sure you apply the post installation steps after patching.

Cheers

John

• 2. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
            rpc1

21379711 - User may not be able to connect to Planning data source from Financial Reporting if date format for Planning application under user preferences is set to a value other than ‘Automatically Detect’.

I have already set 'Automaticly Detect' everywhere, but It didn't help. Therefore I think may be problem in other... I will try to install recomended patch, but it will take some time

• 3. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
              JG_Gone

I understand but at least if you apply the fix then it definitely rules it out and you can concentrate on other areas.

• 4. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
                rpc1

Thanks, John! I will let you know about it after patching )

• 5. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
                  rpc1

Patch didn't help, Error still occures

[2016-05-05T17:45:04.004+04:00] [FinancialReporting0] [ERROR] [] [oracle.EPMFR.core] [tid: [ACTIVE].ExecuteThread: '12' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'] [userId: <anonymous>] [ecid: 00i^AvL5WhsFw00Fzzw0w000055W000034,0:1] [APP: FINANCIALREPORTING#11.1.2.0] [URI: /hr/modules/com/hyperion/reporting/web/common/HRDsLogonFns.jsp] [SRC_CLASS: com.hyperion.reporting.datasource.HrDsManagerBean] [SRC_METHOD: validateDatasource] 1001; nested exception is: [[

com.hyperion.ap.APException: [0] Unable to open connection to localhost, null com.hyperion.reporting.util.HyperionReportException: Ошибка при подключении к базе данных Invest: Unable to open connection to localhost, null

at com.hyperion.reporting.connection.UserConnection.openConnection(UserConnection.java:758)

at com.hyperion.reporting.connection.UserConnection.openConnection(UserConnection.java:569)

at com.hyperion.reporting.connection.UserConnection.<init>(UserConnection.java:137)

at com.hyperion.reporting.connection.ConnectionManager.getConnection(ConnectionManager.java:418)

at com.hyperion.reporting.connection.ConnectionManager.getCube(ConnectionManager.java:464)

at com.hyperion.reporting.connection.ConnectionManager.getCube(ConnectionManager.java:492)

at com.hyperion.reporting.datasource.HrDsManagerBean.validateDatasource(HrDsManagerBean.java:1152)

at com.hyperion.reporting.datasource.HrDsManagerBean.doEdit(HrDsManagerBean.java:695)

at com.hyperion.reporting.datasource.HrDsManagerBean.process(HrDsManagerBean.java:209)

at jsp_servlet._modules._com._hyperion._reporting._web._common.__hrdslogonfns._jspService(__hrdslogonfns.java:1436)

at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:301)

• 6. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
                    rpc1

I maked clean install from distributive 11.1.2.4 , but error still occures ....

any ideas ?

I think, it could be because of  windows server local settings ...

Does anybody  work with Hyperion EPM 11.2.4 on none english (us) local  and doesn't have this issue ?

• 7. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
                      JG_Gone

I have done quite a few 2.4 installs with planning and reports and have not seen this issue, I have seen an issue where when there are multiple planning servers there is an issue connecting to them which was fixed in a planning patch but I think FR patch 701 broke it again, maybe it does relate the language.

As a test to see if is you could add the following to the JVMOptions registry or start params for the FR web app.

-Duser.country=US

-Duser.language=EN

Also increase the JVMOptionCount if on windows, see if that makes a difference, at least it would help point to see if it is a language issue

Cheers

John

• 8. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
                        rpc1

Thanks, John!

unfortunately, it doesn't help - nothing changed...

I have already create SR but Oracle Support 7 days keep silent  )))  may be it is really bug ...

• 9. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning

Hey,

I know the patch did not resolve your error message, but for information purposes we had the same problem and the patch actually fixed it for us .

• 10. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
                            AL.

Hi rcp1,

I'm facing the same error with PBCS. I've also tried everythying and  opened a new SR but there isn´t any solution yet.

Do you got any update with this? Have you solved it?

BR,

• 11. Re: Error with Financial Reporting connection to Planning
                              rpc1

No, support not hurry, they kept silent for two weeks and than gave me recommendations to change date format in planning,

but I wrote in SR about it =)