1 2 3 4 Previous Next 45 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2017 7:10 PM by 3271040

1Z0-071 Preparation Guide

Hello,

Can anybody tell me any book that will help me preparing for  Oracle Database 12c SQL 1Z0-071 exam.

Thank you

• 1. Re: 1Z0-071 Preparation Guide
          Matthew Morris

I have completed the Oracle Certification Prep study guide for the 1Z0-071 exam with the exception of my final edit.  At this time, I'm just waiting on the exam to be released to production so that I can add the exam details to it -- i.e. number of questions, duration, and passing score.  I hope to have it released within days of the date that Oracle updates their web page with this information.

I have created a page on the Oracle Certification Prep website for the exam.  I will add the study guide link to the page as soon as it becomes available on Amazon.

Oracle Certification Prep: Exam details and preparation resources for 1Z0-071

As for other publishers -- at this time, I have not seen any announcements regarding this exam.  I would be surprised if Oracle Press does not release a book for it, but I have been unable to find any reference.  I doubt they would have anything in print this year, though.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: 1Z0-071 Preparation Guide
            Adrienne Roey

I was studying for the SQL Certified Expert certification when I saw the beta for 1Z0-047 open up.  So I used the OCA Oracle Database SQL Certified Expert Exam Guide to study for it.  I also googled new sql features for 12c since this book only covers 11.

• 3. Re: 1Z0-071 Preparation Guide

Thank you for your reply

• 4. Re: 1Z0-071 Preparation Guide

I was thinking about learning the OCA Oracle Database 12c SQL Fundamentals I Exam Guide (1Z0-061) and also finding somewhere else the new features.

• 5. Re: 1Z0-071 Preparation Guide
                  Matthew Morris

I was thinking about learning the OCA Oracle Database 12c SQL Fundamentals I Exam Guide (1Z0-061) and also finding somewhere else the new features.

The 1Z0-061 guide will hit maybe 60-70% of the 1Z0-071 topics. The 1Z0-071 topics that it won't help with are not new 12c features but rather the advanced SQL features covered in the 1Z0-047 exam plus a few topics on database design that were pulled from 1Z0-006.

• 6. Re: 1Z0-071 Preparation Guide

What about 1Z0-061 ? Do i get a certification from Oracle if i pass the 1Z0-061 exam ?

• 7. Re: 1Z0-071 Preparation Guide
                      Matthew Morris

What about 1Z0-061 ? Do i get a certification from Oracle if i pass the 1Z0-061 exam ?

No. Passing 1Z0-061 confers no certification.  It only serves to meet the SQL requirement for multi-exam credentials (like the 12c Oracle Database Administrator OCA).  1Z0-071 meets the SQL requirement for multi-exam credentials *and* confers a credential on its own: Oracle Database 12c SQL Certified Associate.

• 8. Re: 1Z0-071 Preparation Guide
                        Matthew Morris

Just FYI:  The 1Z0-071 Oracle Certification Prep study guide just became available on Amazon this morning:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/194140409X

• 9. Re: 1Z0-071 Preparation Guide
                          b95ee9c0-4459-4ee6-86e8-1544d4e3adae

Hi Matthew,

I am planning to buy a copy of your book. Would you recommend referring to any other materials apart from the prep study guide prepared by you for 1Z0-071?

Thanks!

• 10. Re: 1Z0-071 Preparation Guide
                            Matthew Morris

Would you recommend referring to any other materials apart from the prep study guide prepared by you for 1Z0-071?

The link to the exam details page for 1Z0-071 on my website is in my first reply in this thread.  It will contain numerous links to material that you can use whether or not you buy my study guide for this test.  I haven't *finished* that page yet.  I still need to add links to some of the material in the exam that comes from the portions of the exam that stem from 1Z0-006 and 1Z0-047.  I'll likely add those shortly.

• 12. Re: 1Z0-071 Preparation Guide
                              user6862024

Hi,

I would definitely get Matthews book.

I have gotten about 13 in the past.

Also, I would recommend www.selftestsoftware.com or www.transcender.com

for exam prep material.

Thanks Roger

• 13. Re: 1Z0-071 Preparation Guide

Hello Matthew,

I bought your book. But i have a question in the Set Operators.

I think the result of UNION, INTERSECT and MINUS will be sorted by default.

But in your book you say that the results of compound queries is not sorted. Can you explain it to me better please ?

Thank you

• 14. Re: 1Z0-071 Preparation Guide
                                  Matthew Morris

I think the result of UNION, INTERSECT and MINUS will be sorted by default.

But in your book you say that the results of compound queries is not sorted. Can you explain it to me better please ?

OK.  Let's take the following example:

SELECT col1, col2, col3, col4

FROM table1

UNION

SELECT col1, col2, col3, col4

FROM table2

There are four columns in the results. Which column do you think that Oracle would be sorting the results on 'by default'? Is the default sorting on more than one of them and if so... in what precedence?

There is no documented 'default' order that I am aware of for SET operations.  Certainly none seems to appear in the Oracle documentation:

https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/SQLRF/queries004.htm#SQLRF52341

Because there are (I believe) some sorts are going on in the background for SET operations while Oracle compares the rows returned by the various set elements, it is possible that what gets returned by the overall query will have sorted results (for example results normally return sorted by col1 ASC, then col2 ASC, then col3 ASC, then col4 ASC). I have never done test cases to check to see if this is the case. The reason I have never checked is because if this behavior  is not documented, then even if such behavior existed then Oracle does not guarantee that this will always be the case.

If you want the results of a query to be sorted, and you want that sort order to be guaranteed to be the same every time and be consistent across every release of the database, then you use an ORDER BY clause.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next