I would suggest the following assuming that you will get replacement of the
subassembly from the vendor.
- Add an OSP operation to a work order.
- Attach the subassembly item to the OSP operation.
- Make a WIP move (Queue) to the OSP operation.
- This will create a requisition for the subassembly item.
- Make sure it is $0 line and convert the requisition to a PO.
- Receive the PO when supplier provides the replacement.
Bottomline is - treat the replacement as an OSP operation and track the
entire supplier related transaction/communication through Oracle Req/PO at
On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 4:23 AM, community-admin <