6 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2016 10:53 AM by Bharat G

View data not available

Hi All,

I ha d installed SQL developer software , I tried running queries using select statements

I am not getting any records when I run select * from eam_pm_schedulings_v;

but when I run select * from eam_pm_schedulings , I am getting SQL query output.

In short when i run select statement on view , no data is retrieved.  Am I missing any setup or problem with developer

Regards,

Sanjeev 

• 1. Re: View data not available
          ApexBine

Hi Sanjeev,

when you open the view in the Object Viewer from the Connections window, can you see any data in the Data tab?

Can you see the DDL for generating the view in the SQL tab ob the Object Viewer? What happens if you execute just the select part from the DDL?

Regards,

Sabine

• 2. Re: View data not available

Hi Sabine,

Data is not visible , but DDL is generated please refer the screen shot attached

Regards,

Sanjeev

• 3. Re: View data not available
              ApexBine

What happens if you execute just the select part from the DDL?

Does your user have all the select grants for all referenced tables? You are using at least three different objects, aren't you?

• 4. Re: View data not available
                I ha d installed SQL developer software , I tried running queries using select statements

I am not getting any records when I run select * from eam_pm_schedulings_v;

but when I run select * from eam_pm_schedulings , I am getting SQL query output.

Ok - but that just suggests that the query for the view is NOT just a select from that one table.

So since those are two DIFFERENT queries you can't really compare the output

This is NOT really a sql developer question so should be posted in the SQL and PL/SQL forum.

SQL & PL/SQL

When you repost you need to provide ALL of the info needed to help you and that would include the DDL for the view. That DDL should be posted DIRECTLY in the forum so people can see it.

• 5. Re: View data not available
                  S Paul RJ

Hi,

Please provide the query for view creation

and sample data of the tables which are used in view creation.

• 6. Re: View data not available
                    Bharat G

Hi Sanjeev,

Please check the tables involved in the given view (eam_pm_schedulings_v) and confirm the joins used in the view with tables and the data between those tables.

And also check the table eam_pm_schedulings whether it is used in the view or not and if used what other tables joined and what setups or data missing.

Regards,

Bharat