2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2016 4:13 PM by cesar.advincula.o

Does Archive file works in lower versions

user12863665

Hi, i have archived some catalog files(Reports, Dashboards, prompts) from 11_7.16XXXX version into my desktop. but because of some issues we rolled back to 11_7.14XXXX version. Currently i dont have unarchive access to test latest version catalog files in lower verion. i would like to know if those catalog files will work in lower version? or do i need to do anything to get those work?

• 1. Re: Does Archive file works in lower versions
          Christian Berg

Havent tried those exact two but normally two bundle patches so close together arent a big issue.

Seriously just do it and see what happens, thats what we do ourselves. You dont try...you wont know...

• 2. Re: Does Archive file works in lower versions
            cesar.advincula.o

Hello,

Yes, if you dont have the same catalog versions, your oracle bi analytics applications cant do that, at least to me I try to desarchive catalog from obiee 11.1.1.6.1 to 11.1.1.5, and the applications didnt allowe me to desarchive my catalog, however, I tried this:

1. Take a Backup from both catalog versions.

2. Change the Path of your catalog in the Enterprise Manager.

3. Restart your BI, and lets check the results.

I forced to check my catalog and i dindt have any problem.

Note: This is not a official recommendation, and you have another version 11.1.1.7. however, take a Backup, and try,

Kind Regards,