3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2016 4:44 PM by Christian Berg

SA System setup for non OBIEE users for agents

Hello,

I'm working on sending OBIEE reports to non BI users, meaning they don't login to BI and don't have their profile set (email, no login etc).

I came across an article to setup SA System for external users. As suggested in the document I created a new external table with all the columns mentioned in the document, imported it into repository and created subject area in the presentation layer as suggested.

Made changes to instance config to include following

<SubjectAreaMetadata>

<SystemSubjectArea>true</SystemSubjectArea>

</SubjectAreaMetadata>

</ServerInstance>

<Alerts>

<IgnoreWebcatDeliveryProfiles>false</IgnoreWebcatDeliveryProfiles>

<UpperCaseRecipientNames>true</UpperCaseRecipientNames>

</Alerts>

I was able to send reports to external users but the issue is when I enable SA System user by setting it to true in instanceconfig.xml the agent doesn't work/run for normal BI users. According to the document setting <IgnoreWebcatDeliveryProfiles>false</IgnoreWebcatDeliveryProfiles>  should include both internal users and external users (SA System) but it doesn't work.

I have to make to false <SystemSubjectArea>false</SystemSubjectArea> for it to work for BI users.If I make it false then it won't work for external users.

I can't make it to work for both internal and external users.

Document referred : Setting Up the SA System Subject Area

Any help/advise is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

• 1. Re: SA System setup for non OBIEE users for agents
          Christian Berg

It's either or. With your approach you can't mix-and-match unless you also duplicate all interanl users into your external tables which obviously means maintaining those duplicate entries as well.

SA System isn't meant to do what you're trying to do. Yes, you can but that doesn't mean you should and it most definitely doesn't mean that implicitly it will work for everything and everybody (int +ext) at the same time.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: SA System setup for non OBIEE users for agents

Thanks Christian, I was in an assumption it works for both internal and external users if you set   <IgnoreWebcatDeliveryProfiles>false</IgnoreWebcatDeliveryProfiles> property to "false".

Thanks again.

Cheers.

• 3. Re: SA System setup for non OBIEE users for agents
              Christian Berg

IgnoreWebcatDeliveryProfiles: Specifies whether to ignore user-defined delivery devices and deliver profiles:

• True. Ignores the user-defined delivery devices and delivery profiles and does not display them on the My Account page. (This means that users cannot create new delivery devices and delivery profiles.)
              • False. Recognizes the user-defined delivery devices and delivery profiles and displays them on the My Account page. (Default)

Thats all it does. If you set up a SA System which pulls from a DB table then everyone has to be in there. It's all about the implicit login which OBI does in order to personalize and secure content.

1 person found this helpful