2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2016 3:19 PM by 2794407

ExaLogic Listener Issue

I am getting the below error when I try to update the listener networks parameter in the parameter file for Exalogic connections.  I have added the tnsname.ora file in both GIRD and Database homes.  One thing I questioned is the subnet.. My  subnet is 255.255.252.0 I am not if this is the issue. Oracle documentation shows 255.255.255.0..

Any Advice would be appreciated.

alter system set listener_networks=

'((NAME=network2)(LOCAL_LISTENER=LISTENER_IBLOCAL) (REMOTE_LISTENER=LISTENER_IBREMOTE))',

'((NAME=network1)(LOCAL_LISTENER=LISTENER_IPLOCAL) (REMOTE_LISTENER=LISTENER_IPREMOTE))'

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-02097: parameter cannot be modified because specified value is invalid

ORA-00119: invalid specification for system parameter LISTENER_NETWORKS

ORA-00137: invalid LISTENER_NETWORKS specification with NAME=network2

ORA-00138: all addresses specified for attribute LOCAL_LISTENER are invalid

ORA-00132: syntax error or unresolved network name 'LISTENER_IBLOCAL'

ORA-00132: syntax error or unresolved network name 'LISTENER_IBREMOTE'

ORA-00132: syntax error or unresolved network name 'LISTENER_IPLOCAL'

ORA-00132: syntax error or unresolved network name 'LISTENER_IPREMOTE'

• 1. Re: ExaLogic Listener Issue
          Kasey Parker

Hi 2794407 -

What are you trying to accomplish? Are you setting up database communication between DB client on Exalogic and DB on Exadata via the SDP protocol? If so, you mention Oracle documentation. Have you followed MOS Note: "Setup Listener on Infiniband Network using both SDP and TCP Protocol (Doc ID 1580584.1)"? This is your best resource. You also mention the tnsnames.ora file. Have you placed the listener entries you are referring to, i.e. LISTENER_IBLOCAL, LISTENER_IBREMOTE, LISTENER_IPLOCAL and LISTENER_IPREMOTE as entries in the tnsnames.ora file? It may be helpful to post the entries (obfuscate any sensitive info as needed) here to verify. Also verify you can tnsping these entries from the OS command line on your Exadata DB servers with your database environment sourced.

Also, please note that Oracle has recently updated their recommendation to not use SDP communication between Exalogic and Exadata - and to use TCP instead. SDP is still supported, but there have been many stability issues with using SDP and for most workload the performance gain received is not worth the risk.

Regards,

Kasey

• 2. Re: ExaLogic Listener Issue

The issue has been resolved. 

Thank you.