1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 8, 2016 8:19 PM by Manoj Dixit

Showing TopN on Pareto Chart

JessicaWilson

Using Oracle Business Intelligence 11.1.1.7.150120

I have an analysis for defect counts by type.  I want a grid that shows all the records (with the defect count and percent of total) and a Pareto that only shows the Top 15 defects.  First thing I tried was to limit the Pareto chart by adding a TopN condition in the Selection steps, but that has two problems.  First, it limits the data shown in the data grid, where I want all records shown.  And second, it makes my Pareto show that the Top 15 records make up 100% of the population - which they don't.

Second thing I tried was to throw all the rest of the records into an "Other" group.  But then the "Other" group is always shown as my top defect. 

I'm trying to replicate the graph below where everything that isn't in the TopN is excluded on the graph only.  Is there any way to suppress that one Other group from the Pareto output?

• 1. Re: Showing TopN on Pareto Chart
          Manoj Dixit

An Analysis will produce a logical SQL and in most of the cases a single physical SQL. I am thinking whether or not there's a way that I myself can write a physical SQL that will produce two separate result sets when there's only a single WHERE clause.

Would creating two separate Analyses and displaying them on a single dashboard page be not an option in your environment? If the table view is sorted as per the Pareto and paginate the table view so that it shows 15 rows at a time? The Analysis displaying the Pareto will be restricted to the top 15 but the Analysis containing the table view won't be.

The Pareto will always calculate the % values based on the data fetched.

I think whatever description you have given is an intended functionality.