32 BITS 12C ODBC not working with WINDOWS 10

user2618876

Hi Everyone,

this is my first post, please give me some help to give me a good first experience, thanks in advance.

Here is the issue I am facing, my company is about to upgrade all computer to windows 10, I tested the Oracle 12c client odbc 32 bits in windows 10, unfortunately, it does not work, it come back with an error unable to find dll SQORA32.DLL even the dll does exist. It does not have such problem if using Oracle 11g 32 bits under same env.

our product only work with 32 bits odbc driver, that is why I need to mention 32 bits here.

Does anyone has a solution for this.

Thanks

Patrick

• 1. Re: 32 BITS 12C ODBC not working with WINDOWS 10
        top.gun

"Starting with Oracle Database 12c Release 1 (12.1.0.2), Oracle Database server and client versions are supported on Windows 10."

http://docs.oracle.com/database/121/NTDBN/toc.htm#NTDBN101

So which 12c are you using?

• 2. Re: 32 BITS 12C ODBC not working with WINDOWS 10
          John Thorton

user2618876 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

this is my first post, please give me some help to give me a good first experience, thanks in advance.

Here is the issue I am facing, my company is about to upgrade all computer to windows 10, I tested the Oracle 12c client odbc 32 bits in windows 10, unfortunately, it does not work, it come back with an error unable to find dll SQORA32.DLL even the dll does exist. It does not have such problem if using Oracle 11g 32 bits under same env.

our product only work with 32 bits odbc driver, that is why I need to mention 32 bits here.

Does anyone has a solution for this.

Thanks

Patrick

Problem & fix are external to Oracle.

Oracle is the victim; not the culprit.

• 3. Re: 32 BITS 12C ODBC not working with WINDOWS 10
            EdStevens

If the file exists but can't be found by the app, then either ORACL_HOME or PATH is set incorrectly.

• 4. Re: 32 BITS 12C ODBC not working with WINDOWS 10
              user2618876

Hi Thanks for the reply, I tried Oracle client 12.1.0.2 and also tried instantclient installation they both behave the same and not working for odbc setup, I did modify the PATH variable and still the same. I believe this is really a bug in Oracle because we have a customer also experiencing the same thing. I am hoping someone out there also need to setup ODBC (32bits) with Oracle 12c on Windows 10, and able to share their experience whether it is successful or not.... We only have silver licence with Oracle which isis able to download their software only and I am not sure if I am eligible to open up a ticket with them, may be if any of you could let me know that, it would be a great help as well. Thank you.

• 5. Re: 32 BITS 12C ODBC not working with WINDOWS 10
                Sdhamoth-Oracle

Patrick,

Have you checked whether the Oracle 12c ODBC 32bit driver is registered properly and got listed in the installed drivers in ODBC data source administrator (odbcad32) of Windows 10?

If you're using Windows 10 64bit OS, then you need to open 32bit ODBC data source administrator (c:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32) to verify the Oracle 12c ODBC 32bit driver.

If it is installed properly, are you able to configure the ODBC DSN for the Oracle 12c ODBC 32bit driver?

If you get any error in the above steps, provide the exact error message that is thrown.

Thanks & Regards,

Senthil

• 6. Re: 32 BITS 12C ODBC not working with WINDOWS 10
                  user2618876

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for you trying to help. I am aware that there are 64 bits odbc administration application and 32 bits, I do run the 32 bits one. I do see the driver listing in the Drivers tab page of the ODBC admin software. but when I try to create a DSN, it said unable to find the driver.

the exact message is this :

The setup routines for Oracle in instantclient_12_1 ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 126: The specified module could not be found. (C:\oracle\instantclient_12_1\SQORAS32.DLL).

Again thanks for trying to help.

I do hope someone out there could try to do the same thing as me as see if it works for them.

Patrick

• 7. Re: 32 BITS 12C ODBC not working with WINDOWS 10
                    Sdhamoth-Oracle

Thank you Patrick.

I'm able to reproduce this issue. We will fix it soon.

Thanks & Regards,

Senthil

• 8. Re: 32 BITS 12C ODBC not working with WINDOWS 10
                      59a62e78-b648-403a-8b62-2d1c7cc4aa18

I am experiencing the same thing on a Windows 2012 R2 Server.

Almost the same error message

The setup routines for the Orcale in OraClient12Home2_32bit ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 126: The specified module could not be found. (F:\app\client\cwrkadmin\product\12.1.0\client_1\BIN\SQORAS32.DLL)

• 9. Re: 32 BITS 12C ODBC not working with WINDOWS 10
                        eHoss

Has there been any progress on this or an ETA?

I noticed that I get a "Requested URL could not be retrieved" when I try to download the 32-bit ODBC driver for Version 12.1.0.2.0 (instantclient-odbc-nt-12.1.0.2.0.zip).  The same happens when I try the 12.1.0.1.0 ODBC driver.

Thank you for working on this issue!

• 10. Re: 32 BITS 12C ODBC not working with WINDOWS 10
                          Sdhamoth-Oracle

This issue is because of missing ODBC 32bit component's files those are part of VC++ Redistributable Package x86. After installing VC++ 2010 Redistributable package (x86), we're able to configure the DSN properly without any issue.

Please install VC++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86 and try configuring DSN. It will work.

There is no problem in downloading any of our Instant Client packages. Link provided below:

Oracle Instant Client Downloads

• 11. Re: 32 BITS 12C ODBC not working with WINDOWS 10
                            EdStevens

e0189b61-cd03-43fc-8bb3-3635930faefb wrote:

Has there been any progress on this or an ETA?

Just to set your expectations ... this forum is not Oracle Support.  It is just a discussion forum among peers.  No one has any responsibility to actually resolve any problems posted here. There is no "progress" and certainly no "ETA".  Just discussions that eventually die out for lack of continued interest.

• 12. Re: 32 BITS 12C ODBC not working with WINDOWS 10
                              a5ef05b9-c5e4-4389-b34f-e31235000a75

Debes descargar en el idioma correcto VC++ Redistributable Package x86:

Dejo la liga.

https://www.microsoft.com/es-mx/download/confirmation.aspx?id=5555

Configura las variables de entorno.

ORACLE_HOME

C:\instantclient_12_1

TNS_ADMIN

C:\instantclient_12_1

PATH

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%ORACLE_HOME%

This issue is because of missing ODBC 32bit component's files those are part of VC++ Redistributable Package x86.