1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 15, 2016 12:54 PM by user12947051

    Issue with Between condition in GO URL

    user12947051

      Dear colleagues!

       

       

      I want to prepare test automation environment based on MS Excel. I want to generate a GO URL to a certain report with some filters set, then to download a data and make my checks. Everything works fine except BETWEEN condition. I met at least two problems. My testing report contains a prompt with a *"Year Month"* field with a list of strings of 'MMM YYYY' format (e.g., Apr 2015). I generate an URL with a dates in a format specified (example is shortened and CR/LFs were added):

       

      https://server:port/analytics/saw.dll?Dashboard&PortalPath=...&page=...&Action=Navigate&

      op1=eq&col1="bla-bla1"."Detail"&val1="11"&

      op2=eq&col2="bla-bla2"."Detail"&val2="22"&

      op3=bet&col3="bla-bla3"."Year%20Month"&val3="Jan%202015"+"Apr%202015"

       

      Problem #1:

      When I open the generated link in IE I can see that all prompts are set as I told in a URL, but there's no data in a report. OK, just to be sure I press Apply button and voilas, there are data in a report! That leads to impossibility to use this feature as I can't make an Apply click in automation testing and Excel receives an empty report (which is not right). I tried different data formats, but as this field is of string type all other formats I checked are not read and gives an errors or NO DATA.

       

      Problem #2:

      Sometimes with some FROM-TO dates combinations I can see a report, but it is shown like it is between FROM and eternity (or at least a last date in my dates dictionary).

       

      I checked this on two different server environments but it works in same way on both.

       

      Version - Oracle® Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Help 11g Release 1 (11.1.1) data is taken from OLAP

       

      Message was edited by: user12947051

        • 1. Re: Issue with Between condition in GO URL
          user12947051

          Seems that when I use strings directly, something foes wrong. I have to use different notation, like

           

          &formulaUse4=code

          &col4="bla-bla3"."Year%20Month"

          &op4=bet

          &val4="[Dim bla-bla3].[<Year%20Month Decriptor ID>].&[201501]"+"[Dim bla-bla3].[<Year%20Month Decriptor ID>].&[201504]"

           

          In this case not strings are being compared, but string IDs. In my case "Jan 2015" < "Apr 2015", so no data returned. After putting data into fields and manual press on Apply button OBIEE already uses IDs instead of strings. Wow.