3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2006 9:47 AM by 414326 RSS

how to get the creation date of an event/meeting

I need to implement some control rules on booking conference rooms depending on the creation date and start date.

For example:

- the booking cannot be accepted if the meeting start date is less than 2 hours ahead
      at 3:00 PM I can book the conference room for a meeting starting at 5:05PM
      but not for a meeting starting at 4:55PM

- the booking cannot be accepted after 5:30PM for a meeting starting the next morning before 10:00AM

at 5:45PM I can book the conference room for a meeting tomorrow at 11:00AM, but not for a meeting at 9:45AM
        • 1. Re: how to get the creation date of an event/meeting
          Hi Michel,
          how to get the creation date of an event/meeting?
          When you use the calendar sdk to fetch a meeting there is an Icalendar(http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2445.txt) property called CREATED with the creation time in UTC.
          For example:

- the booking cannot be accepted if the meeting start
          date is less than 2 hours ahead
          at 3:00 PM I can book the conference room for a
          meeting starting at 5:05PM
          but not for a meeting starting at 4:55PM
          You would want to implement these rules with with the sdk? That would implie that users connecting to the calendar server with any other client than the calendar sdk could still book these resources whenever they want.

Or you would want to go an validate all the meetings once they are already created?

Cheers,
          Jean-Philippe
          • 2. Re: how to get the creation date of an event/meeting
            Thank you for the answer,
            In fact , my customer wants to develop something like a workflow

Is it possible to trap the meeting creation before it arrives to the assistant who is responsible for the resource ? (the conference room).

The best solution would be to warn the requestor, that the delay is to short or does not
            respect the rules and refuse the reservation. without the intervention of the assistant.
            She should only have to accept/refuse valid reservations.

I am new to CSDK and I need guidance on how to do this and.what could be the different solutions to get such a result. Is it through a web application, calling a web service or Csdk in a jsp, or could it be implemented as a plugin to the server ?-
            • 3. Re: how to get the creation date of an event/meeting
              The calendar server doesn't provide such a functionality.

You could implement the workflow logic in a calendar sdk application that stores events but any event stored with some other client/application would probably not respect those business rules.

Hope this answers your questions.
              Jean-Philippe