3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2016 4:56 PM by alwu-Oracle

How to use Jena API with Flashback?

Dear all,

I would like to use Jena API and to access RDF data as it was in the past as of specific date. I assume I can use SQL SELECT AS OF queries. But is it possible to use Jena API to query data in the past with standard SPARQL?

Best regards,

Michal

• 1. Re: How to use Jena API with Flashback?
          alwu-Oracle

Hi Michal,

At this moment, Jena APIs do not support "AS OF" clauses. We are considering to add this support in a future release. Can you please share with us the use case you are working on?

Thanks,

Zhe Wu

• 2. Re: How to use Jena API with Flashback?

Hi Zhe,

Thank you for the quick reply. We build a complex web application based on Jena API. One of the requirements is to support data versioning so that end users can see the data as it was in the past and also to track the full workflow of resources. We are considering several approaches - to keep versions just in custom RDF models, or create separate graphs for each version of a graph, or to use some built-in Oracle feature like flashback.

Best regards,

Michal

• 3. Re: How to use Jena API with Flashback?
              alwu-Oracle

Hi Michal,

Thanks for sharing. Very hepful. One reasonable approach is to create separate models for different versions. That way, you can have a clean separation. You can also do a SQL level "minus" between two models.

Best,

Zhe Wu