10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2016 9:59 PM by Suraj Shenoy K

Oracle R Installation

Suraj Shenoy K

Hi All,

I installed the latest version of Oracle DVD and it installed successfully. But when I try to install R Advanced Analytics using the "install_advanced_analytics.cmd" file, the installation does not go through. A pop up appears (cmd), and immediately closes down. My Windows version is 8.1. Is there anything I need to do different?

Thanks,

Suraj

• 1. Re: Oracle R Installation
          Adam Bloom-Oracle

Do you have admin privileges?  It is a pre-requisite.

Open a command window and run the install_advanced_analytics.cmd from there.  That way you should see what is happening.

• 2. Re: Oracle R Installation
            Suraj Shenoy K

Hi Adam,

Yes, I am running it as Administrator. Below is what I see when I run it from cmd prompt.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle Data Visualization Desktop"

C:\Program Files\Oracle Data Visualization Desktop>install_advanced_analytics.cmd

install_advanced_analytics.cmd: elevating self

C:\Program Files\Oracle Data Visualization Desktop>

• 3. Re: Oracle R Installation
              Suraj Shenoy K

When the install is started, there is another window which pops up. I see the below message in there.

'C:\PROGR~1\ORACLE~1\INSTALL~1.CMD' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

• 4. Re: Oracle R Installation
                Adam Bloom-Oracle

Can you attach a screenshot of the window with the meassage; 'C:\PROGR~1\ORACLE~1\INSTALL~1.CMD' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Is this a fresh install or an update?  So do you already have R installed?

Are you on the most recent update to Oracle Data Visualization Desktop (i.e. the June update)?

Thanks

• 5. Re: Oracle R Installation
                  Suraj Shenoy K

Hi Adam,

Here is the pop up which comes up for a sec and then closes immediately.

It is a fresh install and I do not have R already installed.

Also I am on the June update from Oracle.

CMD Output.png

• 6. Re: Re: Oracle R Installation
                    MarkusB

Hi,

I've had the same issue and was able to figure it out in the end.

You'll have to run the following from an elevated(!) command line:

"D:\your_path\Oracle Data Visualization Desktop\install_advanced_analytics.cmd" _payload_ "D:\your_path\Oracle Data Visualization Desktop\"

Please change the drive and path to point to your DVD directory.

I suspect the root cause being that I installed DVD on my D: drive.

Do you have it installed a different drive than C: by any chance?

Rgds,

Markus

• 7. Re: Oracle R Installation
                      Adam Bloom-Oracle

Assuming your installation of DV Desktop is to "c:\Program Files\Oracle Data Visualization Desktop"

Can you try:

>cd c:\PROGRA~1\ORACLE~1

>dir /x  INSTAL~1.CMD

Can you tell me what the permissions are on this folder?

• 8. Re: Re: Oracle R Installation
                        Suraj Shenoy K

Hi Markus,

I have it installed on C:

But I did try this option, and it generated the below log.

Jul 01, 2016 1:59:19 AM oracle.bi.dvdesktop.rinstall.RInstall mainNoExit

INFO: Timeouts: execute = 1200 secs, read = 10 secs, connect = 30 secs.

Jul 01, 2016 1:59:20 AM oracle.bi.install.ord.Distribution installR

INFO: No existing R installation with matching version, installing R

Jul 01, 2016 1:59:20 AM oracle.bi.install.ord.Distribution installRDistribution

INFO: Installing Oracle R Distribution

Jul 01, 2016 1:59:20 AM oracle.bi.install.ord.Distribution installRDistribution

INFO: Using C:\Users\SKALAR~1\AppData\Local\Temp as temporary workspace (will be deleted).

Jul 01, 2016 1:59:20 AM oracle.bi.exec.ExecScript executeScript

INFO: Executing: [C:\Program Files\Oracle Data Visualization Desktop\OracleBI1\modules\oracle.bi.configutils\internetproxylookup.exe, https://oss.oracle.com/ORD/ORD-3.1.1-win.zip]

Jul 01, 2016 1:59:20 AM oracle.bi.exec.ExecScript executeScript

INFO: Logging script stderr to C:\Users\SKALAR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DVDesktopRInstall\logs\proxyProvider.log

Jul 01, 2016 1:59:20 AM oracle.bi.install.environment.WindowsProxyProvider getProxy

INFO: Proxy lookup result for URL https://oss.oracle.com/ORD/ORD-3.1.1-win.zip

Auto proxy lookup Error code: 12180, detail: The Proxy Auto-configuration URL was not found.

Jul 01, 2016 1:59:20 AM oracle.bi.install.validate.network.ConnectValidator validate

INFO: Attempting to connect to https://oss.oracle.com/ORD/ORD-3.1.1-win.zip with timeout 30000MS, proxy DIRECT

Jul 01, 2016 1:59:21 AM oracle.bi.install.validate.network.ConnectValidator validate

INFO: Connected to https://oss.oracle.com/ORD/ORD-3.1.1-win.zip

Jul 01, 2016 1:59:21 AM oracle.bi.install.ord.Distribution installRDistribution

INFO: Downloading Oracle R Distribution installer https://oss.oracle.com/ORD/ORD-3.1.1-win.zip

Jul 01, 2016 1:59:21 AM oracle.bi.exec.ExecScript executeScript

INFO: Executing: [C:\Program Files\Oracle Data Visualization Desktop\OracleBI1\modules\oracle.bi.configutils\internetproxylookup.exe, https://oss.oracle.com/ORD/ORD-3.1.1-win.zip]

Jul 01, 2016 1:59:21 AM oracle.bi.exec.ExecScript executeScript

INFO: Logging script stderr to C:\Users\SKALAR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DVDesktopRInstall\logs\proxyProvider.log

Jul 01, 2016 1:59:21 AM oracle.bi.install.environment.WindowsProxyProvider getProxy

INFO: Proxy lookup result for URL https://oss.oracle.com/ORD/ORD-3.1.1-win.zip

Auto proxy lookup Error code: 12180, detail: The Proxy Auto-configuration URL was not found.

• 9. Re: Oracle R Installation
                          Suraj Shenoy K

Hi Adam,

Below is the result of the dir. There is Full Control permission on that folder for my Administrator and my user.

2016-07-01_2-12-51.png

• 10. Re: Re: Oracle R Installation
                            Suraj Shenoy K

Hi Markus,

I was able to get past the Auto Proxy Error by doing below.

In Internet Explorer go to Internet Options -> Connections tab -> LAN settings, and uncheck Automatically detect settings.

Regarding the root cause, I think it might be because PATH variable was not set for DVD

1 person found this helpful