7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2016 2:58 PM by John_K

Read Only Parameter

no data found

Hi all,

I would like to create a read only parameter for my concurrent program, we can set the constant value and keep the display off but that will not display the parameter while submitting the concurrent program. I would like to see the value for the same while submitting the request.

Please let me know how to have a read only parameter in srs form that will display the default value.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Read Only Parameter
          Bashar.

Hi,

You can create a table-type value set that queries the "fnd_lookup_values" table using the following where clause:

lookup_type = 'YES_NO'

and view_application_id = 0

and lookup_code = 'Y'

The ID should be the lookup code and the display column should be the meaning column.

Next, attach the value set to your concurrent request parameter, make it required and set the constant value to "Y".

This way the user can change the value but there is only one option "Yes"!

Regards,

Bashar

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Read Only Parameter
            no data found

Thanks Bashar that was helpful.

For my case, the parameter is org_id and  I take default value using fnd_profile and it will not be a LOV.

Please let me know how to handle this case and prevent the users from changing the default value while submitting the requests in srs form..

Thanks.

• 3. Re: Read Only Parameter
              John_K

Hi,

I doubt you actually want to show "Org ID" to the user - more I suspect you want to show them the actual operating unit name.

However; if you base your LOV on a secure view (such as hr_organization_units) then the user will only see those values which they are secured to using MOAC.

• 4. Re: Read Only Parameter
                no data found

Hi,

The base LOV I am using is 15_Number not anything from a secure view, all I need is, to display only the org_id or organization name (anything is fine) in the parameter form while submitting the concurrent program. The users should only be able to view it but not edit.

Thanks.

• 5. Re: Read Only Parameter
                  John_K

"The base LOV I am using is 15_Number "

Therein lies your first problem. If the parameter represents an operating unit then use an LOV as such. As it happens there is a seeded value set that does exactly this: Operating Unit. If you assign this then the user will only see the operating unit(s) they have access to based on their responsibility.

• 6. Re: Read Only Parameter
                    no data found

Ok. Let us assume I am using the seeded value set that you mentioned Operating Unit.

If I use this the user will be able to see and change the operating units for all those they have access for but I want to prevent it and make it read only as the values are already defaulted.

Kindly advise with your thoughts how to achieve this.

• 7. Re: Read Only Parameter
                      John_K

Well, the thing is you wouldn't need to do anything on the LOV - you would just ensure that your user only has access to the one operating unit for which they are allowed to control by virtue of the responsibility they are using.

Are you using MOAC? And do your users have access to multiple orgs if so? If not then use your existing responsibility and then set the default in the concurrent parameter screen. The field still is editable but only one value will exist.