I am new to OBIEE. Now I am going to configure OBIEE to test the Write Back function.
However, when I checked "Enable Write Back" under Column Properties, no input text box was shown in "Text Field Width". In the "Results" tag, no input text box was shown for that column to edit and no buttons (e.g. Apply, Revert) are shown after I assigned the template for that view.
I have already configured the following things.
In Physical Layer:
- Check "Allow direct database requests by default"
- Uncheck "Cacheable" for that column
In Business Model and Mapping
- Check "Writeable" for the column that allows to be edited
In Presentation Layer
- Grant "Read/Write" permission for all users and groups
In Identity Manager
- Set "Allow" in "Execute Direct Database Requests" for all user groups
In OBIEE Server
Create a WriteBack Template XML and put it in <Instance>/bifoundation/OracleBIPresentationServicesComponent/coreapplication_obips1/analyticsRes/customMessages/
In Manage Privileges of OBIEE
- Grant "Write Back to Database" and "Manage Write Back" to "Authenticated Users, BI Author Role"
Moreover, I found that there is an error in sawlog1.log whenever I clicked to "Results" tag after I checked "Enable Write Back" of the column
[2016-07-06T15:59:59.000+08:00] [OBIPS] [ERROR:31]  [saw.views.evc.activate] [ecid: 1191a2ae2fbb2331:-4241e98d:155be5a24fa:-8000-0000000000002c55,0:1] [tid: 113] Could not find privilege: Delete[[
RptPath: /shared/Testing Report
I have tried to figure out the root of cause for few days, but don't have any insight yet.
Anyone can help me ?
Really thanks a lot