3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2016 2:49 PM by Beauty_and_dBest

Define Printer in EBS R12

Beauty_and_dBest

Hi ALL,

EBS R12.1 or higher

OL6

I have not yet able to define/configure a printer inside EBS instance, Since we have been using "noprint" and direct it to local printer via browser.

Is defining a printer important? or is it always needed in ALL on most companies? Why do we define a printer when you can print it locally?

Is defining a printer always uses pasta? I do not really understand this terminologies.

Please help....

Kind regards,

jc

• 1. Re: Define Printer in EBS R12
          VishnuVinnakota

Hi,

Firstly, you can configure network printers in EBS to automate printing for any reports,invoices etc. (For e.g. Different Office locations across globe). Some people just give a print from IE --> File --> Print which should be given manually by a user.

2 Simple things to remember for configuring printers in EBS:

• Add printer to EBS Application Tier OS and check with printf or lp commands
          • Then add printer in EBS using Install --> Printer --> Register (Choose the Type based on your printer).

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc.121/e12893/T174296T174303.htm

Pasta Overview (Doc ID 420019.1)

11i-12 How to Setup Pasta Quickly and Effectively (Doc ID 356501.1)

Most of printers have necessary types predefined in EBS but some need additional drivers that might be needed both OS / EBS side. Pasta is also an option but several times it might not be needed at all.

Thanks,

Vishnu

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Define Printer in EBS R12
            Samrat Sinha

Hi

There are some good docs available. You can have a look into those.

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/A60725_05/html/comnls/us/fnd/setup.htm

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc.121/e12893/T174296T174303.htm

Pasta is a printer type/driver/style which is required for bitmap printing.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Define Printer in EBS R12
              Beauty_and_dBest

Thanks vishu, sam, and ALL.

2 Simple things to remember for configuring printers in EBS:

• Add printer to EBS Application Tier OS and check with printf or lp commands  << Does this mean the printer is physically attached to the EBS server? or any network printer located remotely even in different country can be added?
              • Then add printer in EBS using Install --> Printer --> Register (Choose the Type based on your printer).

For example, we want to print pay checks usually on continuous forms, and of large volums. Can I print it without using pasta?

Some users also like to have default printer setup, because they want to print fast and do like like to open it first on browser.

I am confused about network printers and printers physically attached to the server.

I am thinking that only those physically attached printers (to the servers) can be defined in EBS, and all other remote printers are browser based print only?

Kind regards,