7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2016 8:17 AM by Noname123

Cannot access $INST_TOP in oracle R12

Noname123

I  did a clone of oracle ERP r12 system (12.1.x) version ,oracle database 11.2.3.0 on linux redhat 5

After having my database ready and copying the applications, I tried to do post cloning steps.

So far, I have run autoconfig on the database tier successfully.  When I came to run autoconfig

on apps tier , i couldn't because I couldn't access $INST_TOP due to the fact that

<SID_hostname> folder doesn't exist ( I only have <SID_hostname> folder related to the production environment on that path.  I have no idea how to generate on for the cloned environment (test environment) .

The error I got is :

$ cd $INST_TOP/

-bash: cd: /db/apps/test3/inst/apps/TEST3_erptestdb/: No such file or directory

How to create it? I have searched for a solution in the internet but couldn't find any.

• 1. Re: Cannot access $INST_TOP in oracle R12
          Pravin Takpire

Have you ran adcfgclone ? Did you complete clone ?

to complete clone you should run adcfgclone and not autoconfig

regards

Pravin

• 2. Re: Cannot access $INST_TOP in oracle R12
            Noname123

I can't find  "APPS<SID>_<hostname>.env"  of the cloned environment.    How to create that?  Do I have go manually or there is a script?

• 3. Re: Cannot access $INST_TOP in oracle R12
              Pravin Takpire

did your cloning completed successfully ?

regards

Pravin

• 4. Re: Cannot access $INST_TOP in oracle R12

unset the environment from bash

adcfgclone.pl dbconfig  - run from dbtier , which would create contrext file and environement file.

adcfgclone.pl appsTier  - run from appstier

• 5. Re: Cannot access $INST_TOP in oracle R12
                  Noname123

I have run adcfgclone.pl  on appsTier  and I got this error: ( I have been trying to solve it all day long)

My listener is up and running and I have set the SID of the database before running it. 

*********Beginning of error message***********

RC-40201: Unable to connect to Database TEST3.

Backing up /db/apps/test3/inst/apps/TEST3_erptestdb/appl/admin/TEST3_erptestdb.xml to /db/apps/test3/inst/apps/TEST3_erptestdb/appl/admin/TEST3_erptestdb.xml2.bak

Creating the new APPL_TOP Context file from :

/db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/admin/template/custom/adxmlctx.tmp

The new APPL_TOP context file has been created :

/db/apps/test3/inst/apps/TEST3_erptestdb/appl/admin/TEST3_erptestdb.xml

Log file located at /db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/comn/clone/bin/CloneContext_0713140423.log

Check Clone Context logfile /db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/comn/clone/bin/CloneContext_0713140423.log for details.

Running Rapid Clone with command:

perl /db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/comn/clone/bin/adclone.pl java=/db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/comn/clone/bin/../jre mode=apply stage=/db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/comn/clone component=appsTier method=CUSTOM appctxtg=/db/apps/test3/inst/apps/TEST3_erptestdb/appl/admin/TEST3_erptestdb.xml showProgress contextValidated=true

Running:

perl /db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/comn/clone/bin/adclone.pl java=/db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/comn/clone/bin/../jre mode=apply stage=/db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/comn/clone component=appsTier method=CUSTOM appctxtg=/db/apps/test3/inst/apps/TEST3_erptestdb/appl/admin/TEST3_erptestdb.xml showProgress contextValidated=true

APPS Password :

Beginning application tier Apply - Wed Jul 13 14:04:52 2016

/db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/comn/clone/bin/../jre/bin/java -Xmx600M -DCONTEXT_VALIDATED=true  -Doracle.installer.oui_loc=/oui -classpath /db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/comn/clone/jlib/xmlparserv2.jar:/db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/comn/clone/jlib/ojdbc14.jar:/db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/comn/clone/jlib/java:/db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/comn/clone/jlib/oui/OraInstaller.jar:/db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/comn/clone/jlib/oui/ewt3.jar:/db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/comn/clone/jlib/oui/share.jar:/db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/comn/clone/jlib/oui/srvm.jar:/db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/comn/clone/jlib/ojmisc.jar  oracle.apps.ad.clone.ApplyAppsTier -e /db/apps/test3/inst/apps/TEST3_erptestdb/appl/admin/TEST3_erptestdb.xml -stage /db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/comn/clone    -showProgress

APPS Password : Log file located at /db/apps/test3/inst/apps/TEST3_erptestdb/admin/log/ApplyAppsTier_07131404.log

|     73% completed

ERROR while running Apply...

Wed Jul 13 14:07:44 2016

ERROR: Failed to execute /db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/comn/clone/bin/adclone.pl

Please check logfile.

*********End of error message***********

Log file:

StackTrace:

java.lang.Exception: Cant connect to database using DBUtil

at oracle.apps.ad.context.CloneContext.checkDatabaseConnection(CloneContext.java:3745)

at oracle.apps.ad.context.CloneContext.setDatabaseName(CloneContext.java:4577)

at oracle.apps.ad.context.CloneContext.doClone(CloneContext.java:620)

at oracle.apps.ad.context.CloneContext.main(CloneContext.java:5196)

RC-40201: Unable to connect to Database TEST3.

INFO: Could not get the DB connection

Defaulting s_dbGlnam to s_dbSid

INFO: Could not get the DB connection

s_dbSid is set to s_dbSid , not to DB Name

INFO: Could not get the DB  connection

s_contextname is not updated

INFO: Could not get the DB Connection

s_dbSidLower is not updated

Checking Proxy Setting

Source values

s_proxyhost :

s_proxyport :

RC-50219: Warning: Database connection was not possible. Retaining the source value for s_applptmp.

Resetting APPS JDBC URL

setDestination s_contextfile to : /db/apps/test3/inst/apps/TEST3_erptestdb/appl/admin/TEST3_erptestdb.xml

Clone Context Parameters:

Pairs File      = /tmp/adpairsfile_45868.lst

Target XML File = /db/apps/test3/inst/apps/TEST3_erptestdb/appl/admin/TEST3_erptestdb.xml

Template File   = /db/apps/test3/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/admin/template/custom/adxmlctx.tmp

• 6. Re: Cannot access $INST_TOP in oracle R12
                    Noname123

I have followed this metalink but couldn't solve the issue yet though I am not using RAC

Doc ID 271250.1

• 7. Re: Cannot access $INST_TOP in oracle R12
                      Noname123

I had to create  a context_file to solve the issue.  Then running adcfgclone.pl appsTier completed successfully.