0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2016 1:38 PM by 3275515

OBIEE GoURL security issue

Hi Experts,

Please can anyone suggest me how I can encrypt the GO URL of OBIEE, so that OBIEE can decrypt the URL and provide me the dashboard page?

What am I trying to achieve :

I have a Java JSF Web Application in which I need to embed OBIEE report in <IFRAME> tag. I am able to display OBIEE reports. But when I right click and “view source” on the browser, any layman is eligible to get access to GO URL which is not encrypted. I am currently facing issue with regards to security.

Below is the GO URL for example : The highlighted data is to be encrypted in such a way that OBIEE, can decrypt the GO URL and retrieve the Dashboard page.

http://localhost:9704/analytics/saw.dll?dashboard&PortalPath=%2Fshared%2FSecurity%20POC%2F_portal%2FSecurity%20POC&Action=Navigate&NQUser=316837TFS&NQPassword=316837TFS&col1=%22Time%20Month%20Dim%22.%22Mo%20Month%20End%20Date%22&val1=09/30/2015

Your suggestion or any other better ideas on how we can hide valuable information in the GO URL would be so much appreciated.

Please advice.

Kind Regards,

Surya Bhadragiri

[ email address removed by Moderator (BluShadow) - Responses should be posted on the community ]