8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2016 3:47 PM by thatJeffSmith-Oracle

Row Filter Problem

Eslam_Elbyaly

hi ,

i am using  Version 4.1.3.20

Build MAIN-20.78

I am trying to row filter with this

and it does not retrieve the row , while i am sure it exists , and here is the evidence

so , what is the problem ?

• 1. Re: Row Filter Problem
          B.Delmée

I *think* these drop-downs are populated client-side, and you only get to choose from values the client has seen already (from rows fetched). This can be a tad confusing, for single table browsing it is best to use the filter field instead (and then your query is re-submitted and re-run).

• 2. Re: Row Filter Problem
            Eslam_Elbyaly

B.Delmée wrote:

I *think* these drop-downs are populated client-side, and you only get to choose from values the client has seen already (from rows fetched). This can be a tad confusing, for single table browsing it is best to use the filter field instead (and then your query is re-submitted and re-run).

- what do you mean with " populated client-side " ?

- ( from rows fetched ) ,

i fetched all rows through clicking the " Data " Tab .

• 3. Re: Row Filter Problem
              B.Delmée

> i fetched all rows through clicking the " Data " Tab

that does not necessarily fetch all data (by default the first 50 rows IIRC); hit <Ctrl><End> in that grid to force fetching all rows from the result set , then the drop-downs will show you lists of distinct values seen in fetched data, amongst which the calue you expected should be present

*or* as already mentioned, just use the filter

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Row Filter Problem
                Eslam_Elbyaly

- What is " IIRC " ?

- If i use the filter , then i should write the condition and singles quotes if i am searching for characters .

• 5. Re: Row Filter Problem
                  B.Delmée

IIRC = if i remember correctly - google is your friend

Have you even tried what i suggested ? After <Ctrl><End> the drop-down under OBJECT_KEY (or any other column) will display the values present in the data-set (which your screenshot does not reflect)

Of course if you use the filter it has to be a valid WHERE clause

• 6. Re: Row Filter Problem
                    thatJeffSmith-Oracle

yes, those are client side filters - it looks at data already fetched to the grid to look at the avail distinct values

you pick one

the existing rows fetched will be displayed that match the criteria

using the FILTER dialog up top will cause the query to be executed with the text included as a predicate (WHERE CLAUSE) to the SELECT * FROM TABLE

This can be observed in the View > Log > Statements panel in v4.1

• 7. Re: Row Filter Problem
                      Eslam_Elbyaly

Is there a way to increase the maximum rows to be fetched ? -- i mean an option to modify the default of 50 records .

• 8. Re: Row Filter Problem
                        thatJeffSmith-Oracle

Yes, but why?

It's an advanced option, and you can set it to as much as 200 rows, but it can drastically affect performance, so set carefully.