This content has been marked as final. Show 46 replies
Just for clarification, since I love that application (and I also love the WorldCup) I can't resist taking part myself....so in the unlikely event that I'm in the top three winners I'll give up my spot to whoever is next below me.
I've now officially tempted fate and have resigned myself to coming last ;)
That's excellent! I will register and make some bets later.
A couple of minor things, I hope you don't mind me pointing out. In the English translation, you've spelt Argentina and Tunisa incorrectly. And, something not your fault, but the DataAccess guys have the wrong flag for England! (http://www.dataaccess.nl/wk2006/flags/UK______.jpg)
That link you show for the flag is the Union Flag, not the Flag for England (I'm not sure if you were showing that link as the correct flag to use, or the wrong flag to use).
Also....that link shows the flag upside down (although it's hard to tell on an image that small) ;)
Sorry, yes, link I posted is what is used on the site, which is wrong as you explained.
Didn't notice it was upside-down though! Make sure you don't get the English flag upside-down! ;-)
Had a look at the site - Really great !
1): excellent application.
2): can the application be downloaded
3) i downloaded the first version (31 may): how can i import the flags? (i'm not very familiar with bobs and so on)
recently i saw an application (in fact a procedure to run in sql-plus) on internet (but i lost my way and can't find it again) to solve sudoku-problems. a new challenge for you ?
2) in a few days I will post the source on my blog. I will do a last update of the application in 2 days... currently I'm waiting for some more reactions. Afterwards I'll try to include the requests.
3) Flags can be imported just by loading the xml file (import in APEX). If you did it and the flags aren't there, you miss a grant.
Run this in SQL> grant execute on PROC_FLAG_DISPLAY to public
I saw that PL/SQL sudoku too, if I remember good on FeuerThoughts. Honestly, I started to make it in APEX, but I never finished it. Somebody else made a version (http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=45570:1)
*** After some hours we have 12 registered people... I hope there're a lot more APEX developers who will register! Come on, it should be a lot of fun ;-) ***
thanks for answering me. very kind!
i'm betting, too
now i hope to find the developer of sudoku....
2) logo picture may be a little less heavy (smaller in size...rendering takes 2-3 seconds)...maybe some caching??
1) The city names were still in French, I changed it to English.
2) The flags in the overview tab are in the APEX database. The flags of the webservices tab are on an other server, so I can't change that - but the pictures are now a bit smaller, I changed the way I show them, I don't know if that helps.
Looks cool, Bravo! Might even get me to bet!
A couple of things:
1) When I tried to register, the page displayed funny for me, it disappeared once I refreshed but I have seen this on several pages and again just now on the login page (via Internet Explorer): I can see the login box but the cursor flashes on the m of User Name.
2) You still have a couple of French words in there, namely "Finale", "1/2 Finale", but I don't mind as I am French :)
I have seen a few different methods for solving Sudoku puzzles with PL/SQL on the net,
but I wrote the one that Dimitri linked to.
It was discussed in this thread:
Re: Tabular form with Ajax
If you have any questions about it, please start a new thread to avoid hijacking his one.
Hi Isabelle... I'm happy you like it!
1) Do others have this too? I can't reproduce this at my site (tried with Firefox & IE)
2) I changed it to English... I'm Dutch speaking, so it might be that there're some other errors ;-)
Just one minor thing .. can you swap the the flags of Ecuador and Costa Rica, that is Ecuador flag is yellow, blue and red stripes)