1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 21, 2016 2:51 AM by rp0428

Secure Connection With Excel

Oracle 11g

Excel 2010

I have created an Excel program that accesses an oracle database (via VBA). I just found out my client does not have integrated security available to allow use of their Windows credentials. I need to find another method of authentication. Possibilities include:

1. Integrated Windows Security - Not available and not willing to purchase

2. Hard code username & password - Not allowed due to lack of security in Excel

3. Have Excel access another file containing credentials - Not allowed because the other file would not be secure and password could be retrieved by user using Excel

4. Have user enter username and password - not acceptable

I have been told:

The code behind the program will need to be modified to a secure the username & password.  In addition the program needs to dynamically call app credential and encrypt

Is there any other method to fulfill this requirement?

• 1. Re: Secure Connection With Excel

Please read the title of the forum. This forum is ONLY for questions/issues relating to Sql Developer.

How does ANY of what you posted relate to Sql Developer? It doesn't appear it even relates to Oracle

I have been told:

The code behind the program will need to be modified to a secure the username & password.  In addition the program needs to dynamically call app credential and encrypt

Encrypt what? You can't provide encrypted passwords to Oracle.

Is there any other method to fulfill this requirement?

Yes - you already rejected it

4. Have user enter username and password - not acceptable

I suggest you post your question/issue in an Excel or VBA forum.