5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2016 4:29 AM by Samrat Sinha

EBS R12.2.4  adop phase=prepare

Beauty_and_dBest

Hi ALL,

I run adop phase=prepare

But it just message lots of waiting.....

There is a pending CONFIG_CLONE session for /u02/appvis3/VIS3/fs2 file system, invoking FS Clone.

[EVENT]     [START 2016/07/25 14:09:16] Check Admin Server Status

[EVENT]     [END   2016/07/25 14:09:20] Check Admin Server Status

AdminServer has not yet started by master. Will wait for another minute

[EVENT]     [START 2016/07/25 14:10:22] Check Admin Server Status

[EVENT]     [END   2016/07/25 14:10:25] Check Admin Server Status

[EVENT]     [START 2016/07/25 14:11:27] Check Admin Server Status

[EVENT]     [END   2016/07/25 14:11:30] Check Admin Server Status

[EVENT]     [START 2016/07/25 14:12:32] Check Admin Server Status

[EVENT]     [END   2016/07/25 14:12:36] Check Admin Server Status

What adminserver is it waiting for?

Do I need to start adminserver manually in run edition or patch edition?

Please help...

Kind regards,

jc

• 1. Re: EBS R12.2.4  adop phase=prepare
          Beauty_and_dBest

I already stop and start the Adminserver at run edition, but still adop prepare phase is waiting?

$ /u02/appvis3/VIS3/fs1/inst/apps/VIS3_fitr12/admin/scripts/adadminsrvctl.sh start

You are running adadminsrvctl.sh version 120.10.12020000.9

Enter the WebLogic Admin password:

Enter the APPS Schema password:

Starting WLS Admin Server...

Refer /u02/appvis3/VIS3/fs1/inst/apps/VIS3_fitr12/logs/appl/admin/log/adadminsrvctl.txt for details

adadminsrvctl.sh: exiting with status 0

adadminsrvctl.sh: check the logfile /u02/appvis3/VIS3/fs1/inst/apps/VIS3_fitr12/logs/appl/admin/log/adadminsrvctl.txt for more information ...

• 2. Re: EBS R12.2.4  adop phase=prepare
            Beauty_and_dBest

I just run :

begin

fnd_conc_clone.setup_clean;

commit;

end;

/

And run autoconfig on db tier, apps teir (run & patch)

And then run again adop phase=prepare

And it went successful

• 3. Re: EBS R12.2.4  adop phase=prepare
              Samrat Sinha

Hi

Glad it worked. Your admin server should be up and running in both the run and patch file system before executing adop.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: EBS R12.2.4  adop phase=prepare
                Beauty_and_dBest

Thanks Sam,

This cleanup thing always save me from unpredictable errors.

But I found in Note 1491855.1  that there are other clean up scripts.

6.1.6 Complete the database configuration

1. Connect to the new primary database using SQL*Plus as user  APPS and execute the following commands:
                •   SQL>exec fnd_net_services.remove_system ('<SID>');
                    SQL>commit;
                    SQL>exec fnd_conc_clone.setup_clean;
                    SQL>exec ad_zd_fixer.clear_valid_nodes_info;

Is it okay to run all the three scripts to perform the cleanup just like what I did for unpredictable errors? Are they non disctructive?

Kind regards,

• 5. Re: EBS R12.2.4  adop phase=prepare
                  Samrat Sinha

Hi

These scripts are invoked during different scenarios to clean up the nodes information and other  details. And i don't think these scripts are applicable to our scenario.

Make sure your admin servers and other services are up and running before invoking adop and then see if you are getting the same errors or not. You can also check the note Adop Phase=prepare - Error occurred while CONFIG_CLONE PATCH FS with RUN FS (Doc ID 1613745.1)

Thanks