1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 28, 2016 6:57 PM by Gary Graham-Oracle

Can't expand java dropdown in sql developer menu without severing connection

haydenhhudson

In sql developer, in the left-hand connections menu, under any of my connections - if I click the carrot next to the Java folder to expand the drop-down, it reads 'loading' for a few seconds until the connection is severed and I get the error message 'An error was encountered performing the requested operation: No more data to read from socket. Vendor code 17410'. It feels like a bug.

I'm running sql developer on a mac, in case that's pertinent.

Thanks,

Hayden Hudson

• 1. Re: Can't expand java dropdown in sql developer menu without severing connection
          Gary Graham-Oracle

No more data to read from socket

means something is not working on the server side -- you may want to check if there are any bugs against your Oracle DB version with patches available.  Here is the SQL that gets executed expanding the Java node using SQL Developer against the SYS user for an 11gR2 XE database:

SELECT dbms_java.longname(OBJECT_NAME) OBJECT_NAME, OBJECT_TYPE, OBJECT_ID, o.OWNER,

CREATED, LAST_DDL_TIME, SOURCE

FROM SYS.Dba_OBJECTS o, sys.Dba_java_classes c

WHERE o.OWNER = :SCHEMA AND c.OWNER = :SCHEMA

AND dbms_java.longname(OBJECT_NAME) = NAME

AND OBJECT_TYPE IN ('JAVA CLASS', 'JAVA RESOURCE'/*,'JAVA DATA'*/)

--AND OBJECT_ID NOT IN ( SELECT PURGE_OBJECT FROM RECYCLEBIN )

I will say that expanding connection tree nodes like Java and Public Synonym on the SYS user will bring back lots of data, which may be part of the issue.  Does Public Synonym also give you a problem?  Perhaps expanding these nodes works fine on a schema with fewer objects of those types?  On my 12c database, I get back around 38,000 java classes and 12,000 public synonyms.