1 2 3 Previous Next 247 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2016 9:18 PM by moniquevdb-Oracle

July 30 upgrade bug reports and feedback

moniquevdb-Oracle

Once we are back online after the upgrade, this is your thread for dedicated bug reports and feedback.  Thanks for taking the time to report any issues and provide your feedback!

Note that due to the current bugs with Helpful, the points for Helpful answers have been lowered to 5, and Marked Helpful has been temporarily deactivated. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

[Edit by BluShadow]

Here's a summary of existing issues reported (down to post #211/page 15).  Before reporting an issue, please take a quick look to see if it's already been reported:

1. Helpful Button - Appearing on content other than questions (post #1) [Under investigation]

2. Action drop down hanging (post #2,#21) - [Fixed]

3. Padding/Margin disappeared from left side during some actions (post #2,#70) [Under investigation - may be caused by issue 9 scrolling page right]

4. Group icons in "Your Places" is old gray box, not new purple circle (post #3) [Will be fixed in next release]

5. "Me in Three" badges not persisting (post #4,#118) - [existing known issue] [Looks like it will be fixed in next release]

6. @ Inbox counter fluctuating values (post #5) - [Please report if this is still happening -- only reported during index rebuild so far]

7. Unquoting text with right click in the editor has disappeared (post #8) - [unquote still available just by clicking quoted area]

8. Editor via Mobile device jumping all over (post #10) - [Mobile usability being investigated] [Under investigation]

9. Horizontal scrollbar being shown unnecessarily (post #13,#57) [Will be fixed in next release - possibly causes issue 3]

10. @ Inbox counter not located next to Inbox button/link (post #12,#14) [Under review]

11. iPhone/iOS/Android usability issues (post #15,#22,#30,#59,#71,#127,#147) [Under investigation] [Looking to revert mobile functionality until we can get it working right]

12. Helpful button visible in Inbox, but not directly in threads (post #17)

13. Post by mentioned first, distracting from topics (post #19) - [more details required about this issue]

14. @ Inbox not opening (post #20) - [working ok now (post #47)]

15. Space Leaderboards showing Global Leaderboard instead (post #25,#29,#56) - [Can be fixed - please report individual cases]

16. Round Avatars showing for some members (post #26) - [Under investigation]

17. "Reply" within Inbox is now "Comment" which is inconsistent (post #34) [I'm giving us some time to adjust to this one]

18. Vote History now shows arrows indicating the way people voted (post #34) - [Will be fixed in next release]

19. Actions menu from Inbox is not processing/showing options (post #38) - [BluShadow - actions didn't work in the previous version from inbox see Idea: Enable Edit action in Inbox views ]

20. Editing "Your View" fades the left menu but clicking other menu option leaves it faded (post #41)

21. Reputation entries in profile no longer give links to the related content, or link to wrong posts (post #44,#73,#125) [Under investigation]

22. @ Inbox counter no longer lists the posts like previous version (post #50) [Known change, please submit Idea to change this back]

23. "points" animation pushes other items about on the menu (post #51)

24. "Top and Trending" and "Most Recent" show the same thing (post #64) - [They are different but trending content needs time to be gathered first]

25. Font sizes are inconsistent in "Content" view of spaces (post #72)

26. Editor issues from previous version not fixed (post #79) - [The upgrade was not intended to fix these - the Editor will be customized by Oracle in the future]

27. "Post" button does not become re-enabled if you try to make a second post within 30 seconds (post #85)

28. Multiple Profile hovering can show the pop-up display with incorrect details (post #87)

29. High Contrast Colour Scheme is barely readable (post #102)

30. Editor crashing when copy/pasting text (post #109,#137)

31. @ Mentions do not show the people who've taken part in the thread (post #110) - [That is intended/expected functionality]

32. Page numbers in large threads are not coloured to indicate current page (post #117) - [Known issue: https://community.oracle.com/ideas/12984 ]

33. "End of New Updates" appears above "Load More Items" when there are still more new updates (post #129)

34. Thread with replies, showing no replies until replied to it (post #134,#170)

35. Administrator privileges issues in User Group (post #142) - [Under investigation]

36. Deleting custom avatar doesn't allow upload of new one without refresh (post #146) [Expected behavior -- this is how it always has been]

37. Actions showing "No Actions Available" (post #149,#157)

38. Inbox content not refreshing with new content periodically (post #150)

39. Connection Stream number of updates disappeared (post #158)

40. Content not loading when viewing thread (post #160) - [1 report so far - please let us know of other occurrences]
      41. Inbox number of unread replies (post #161) - [A number is shown next to the "Mark Unread" bullet for each content entry]
      42. Unable to edit Widgets in Overview (post #162) - [related to issue 35?]
      43. "Mark All Read" dialog causing message counter issues (post #172)

44. Helpful marked responses not reflecting in threads in timely manner (post #179)

45. PDF Previews not working (post #180) - [Fixed]

46. "Latest Reply" link not always going to latest reply (post #182) - [Testing done - This is a bug - Admin thread: Test Thread - Latest Reply issue ]

47. Would make sense to hide "I have the same question" on archived threads (post #198) [Because of the way we do archiving (manually, not programmatically) I don't think there's an easy way to do this. But will look into this!]

48. Unable to edit comment on Idea after successfully posting (following other user log in/out in another browser) (post #208)

49. Pagination numbers showing messed up following new response to discussion (post #211)

50. "Recently Completed By" on missions, not always showing (post #212) [?Seems to happen when viewing page 2 of missions]

51. Duplicate thread listing on content Overview page when "more" clicked (post #230, #233, #244) [post #244 illustrates the cause]

Message was edited by: moniquevdb-Oracle

Message was edited by: BluShadow

• 1. Re: July 30 upgrade bug reports and feedback
          moniquevdb-Oracle

I'm going to make my own bug report: it looks like the Helpful button is now appearing on document comments and other content, not just questions.

• 2. Re: July 30 upgrade bug reports and feedback
            moniquevdb-Oracle

The Actions drop-down is hanging (so I can't edit the above post). Once I replied to this thread, the padding disappeared from the left side of the screen.

• 3. Re: July 30 upgrade bug reports and feedback
              moniquevdb-Oracle

The groups icon in the Your Places view is the old gray box and not the new purple circle.

• 4. Re: July 30 upgrade bug reports and feedback
                Bashar.

Adding to the above, the changes to the badges in the reputation tab still do not persist...

Did you add the ability to mark a reply as correct or helpful from the inbox?

Thanks for this long awaited upgrade!

Regards,

Bashar

• 5. Re: July 30 upgrade bug reports and feedback
                  John Stegeman

I like the new design changes - I can't quite figure whether it's a different font or slightly larger, but it looks clearer to my old eyes.

The "@" counter on the top bar - the thing which seems to be the Inbox count - still broken for me, but only sometimes. Once today it showed me 13, when I clicked to go to the inbox, it changed to 8. I went back to a forum page, and it showed (after I read the 8), clicked to go to the inbox and it changed to 0 (without my reading any messages). It's bouncing around between 5 and 0 now as I navigate around. It also seems to be the same thing as the Inbox, or am I missing something?

• 6. Re: July 30 upgrade bug reports and feedback
                    moniquevdb-Oracle

Bashar., not on purpose -- I think it's connected to our customization of the new (crowdsourced) Helpful feature. Our customization clearly has some bugs to work out. But if we can preserve the ability to mark Helpful and Correct from the inbox, we certainly will!

John Stegeman, the @ counter is indeed the Inbox. I've been noticing those issues too, but I am assuming it's connected to the rebuilding of our indexes. Hopefully that will smooth out in another 24 hours or so. I had a bunch of stuff suddenly mark itself unread in my inbox out of nowhere.

• 7. Re: July 30 upgrade bug reports and feedback
                      moniquevdb-Oracle

I never realized how often I edit my posts until Actions > Edit stopped working.

• 8. Re: July 30 upgrade bug reports and feedback
                        EdStevens

When replying to a post and selecting to 'quote' ....

Old behavior was that you could right-click on a quoted section to 'unquote' it.  This was handy when you wanted to insert comments to address different parts of the posting.  Uquote the whole thing, re-quote down to where you want to insert a comment, then 'requote' the next section to be addressed, etc.  Now I can't seem to find a way to 'unquote'.

• 9. Re: July 30 upgrade bug reports and feedback
                          EdStevens

John Stegeman wrote:

I like the new design changes - I can't quite figure whether it's a different font or slightly larger, but it looks clearer to my old eyes.

The "@" counter on the top bar - the thing which seems to be the Inbox count - still broken for me, but only sometimes. Once today it showed me 13, when I clicked to go to the inbox, it changed to 8. I went back to a forum page, and it showed (after I read the 8), clicked to go to the inbox and it changed to 0 (without my reading any messages). It's bouncing around between 5 and 0 now as I navigate around. It also seems to be the same thing as the Inbox, or am I missing something?

So if the '@' icon is the inbox, what is the 'Inbox" button?

Definitely playing 'random inbox response' today, but I'll accept that it is due to re-indexing of the new site.  But on the other hand, it has been an on-going problem noted by several.  Was there anything about the new release to specifically address this?

-- Edit

Sorry, John, I meant the above response to be directed to Monique.

• 10. Re: July 30 upgrade bug reports and feedback
                            EdStevens

When typing a response in the 'advanced(1)' editor, screen is jumping all over the place.  Looks like the CNN mobile website on my Android.

(1) I use the term 'advanced' only because that is what it is called.  I'd call it something that the marketing guys for Jive would not appreciate.

• 11. Re: July 30 upgrade bug reports and feedback
                              moniquevdb-Oracle

EdStevens how were you able to edit your post? Is the drop-down working for you? I am on Chrome on the desktop.

We've always had both an inbox button and a circle with a number in it. Both take you to the inbox.

• 12. Re: July 30 upgrade bug reports and feedback
                                EdStevens

moniquevdb-Oracle wrote:

EdStevens how were you able to edit your post? Is the drop-down working for you? I am on Chrome on the desktop.

We've always had both an inbox button and a circle with a number in it. Both take you to the inbox.

yes, the edit drop-down worked fine. So well that I never gave it a thought.  I'm using Firefox 47.0.1

On the Inbox, yes now that you mention it there has always been the counter button/indicator.  I guess what threw me was the addition of the "@" and -- perhaps more so -- the relocation of it.  Didn't it used to be right next to the "Inbox" button? 

(In addition to the direct question, I think that is probably a general comment on design (not just web pages) and how easily humans learn to depend on visual cues.  An issue MS would do well to consider every time they roll out a new release of anything and play 'fruit basket turnover'.  I've often said that if MS designed cars, every time the introduced a  new model, the owners would spend the next 6 months figuring out where all the different controls (key, accelerator pedal, brake pedal, transmission lever, A/C controls, etc etc etc) were placed hidden on this one.  (And after spending a few years being forced to drive GM vehicles from the GSA motor pool, I decided that indeed, MS was designing cars -- for GM!).

• 13. Re: July 30 upgrade bug reports and feedback
                                  John Stegeman

I notice on Chrome (whatever the current version is), there is a horizontal scrollbar shown, no matter how big I make the window.

• 14. Re: July 30 upgrade bug reports and feedback
                                    handat

The inbox counter now with the @ sign used to be right next to the INBOX for most of the OTN themes, but the Java theme had it squished on the left hand side which looked awful. I would had preferred it to stay next to the inbox.

1 2 3 Previous Next