3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2016 3:08 PM by 953361

Convert Single node to multi node with shared appl_top

Hello All,

We are planning to move our existing e-business suite R12.1.3 from single node to multi node (3 node architecture on new servers).

Old servers are running on RHEL 4 whereas new servers will be running on Oracle Linux 7.

We are planning multi node architecture as below:

1.DB node

2.Concurrent node

3.Admin/web node with Shared APPL_TOP.

Could you please share your suggestions on how to move on to this migration?

Any documentation will be a great help which I can refer for the same.

Thanks in advance, Nish

• 1. Re: Convert Single node to multi node with shared appl_top
          Shaik

Hi

Please go through the MOS ID you will get idea to proceed further

Sharing The Application Tier File System in Oracle EBusiness Suite Release 12.0 and 12.1 (Doc ID 384248.1)

Regards

Shaik

• 2. Re: Convert Single node to multi node with shared appl_top

Hi Shaik,

Thanks for the Metalink Note ID. Actually I have already gone through this metalink note ID and have some confusion on it. Note says that we need to run Rapid Install in order to implement Shared APPL_TOP whereas I am confused on to why I need to run installer as we have already installed our e-business suite environment.

Also for Converting single note to multi-node do you have any good reference note which has all steps mentioned in it?

I am aware that cloning single to multinode will be the best way to convert single node to multi node. but how about sharing appl_top configuration after cloning? If you could just highlight steps reuired for implementing shared appl_top thst would be much helpful to me since I am not able to identify on my own.

Thanks in advance, Nish

• 3. Re: Convert Single node to multi node with shared appl_top

I found out solution for this question.

Below is the process to migrate single node to multinode with shared APPL_TOP.

1. EXP/IMP db on new servers or RMAN duplicate. -- Regular DB clone

2. Clone primary application tier node. Ref Cloning Oracle Applications Release 12 with Rapid Clone (Doc ID 406982.1)

3. Add new node as per Section 4: Adding a Node to a Shared Application Tier File System from Doc ID 384248.1.

Perform post finishing tasks.

Thanks, Nish