2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2016 7:58 PM by JuanM

Migrate EBS database 11.2.0.4 to ODA

Hello All,

We are planning to migrate our existing e-business suite environment which is running on RHEL 4 to the new ODA servers which will be running Oracle Linux 7.

Does anyone has done this practice? If yes, could you please let me know what is the best way to migrate database from existing server to new ODA server?

Any kind of documentation will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Nish

• 1. Re: Migrate EBS database 11.2.0.4 to ODA
          John Thorton

953361 wrote:

Hello All,

We are planning to migrate our existing e-business suite environment which is running on RHEL 4 to the new ODA servers which will be running Oracle Linux 7.

Does anyone has done this practice? If yes, could you please let me know what is the best way to migrate database from existing server to new ODA server?

Thanks in advance, Nish

which metric measures best?

what is unit of measure for best?

if/when more than 1 alternative is posted here, how to decide which is best?

• 2. Re: Migrate EBS database 11.2.0.4 to ODA
            JuanM

953361 wrote:

Hello All,

Thanks in advance, Nish

I've never done this mmigration but, for me, the best option is:

a) Check if there is an official Oracle documentation.

well, in Metalink there is the following document Implementing Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 Databases on Oracle Database Appliance (Doc ID 1566935.1)

review the Appendix A - Database migration options

b) Ask directly to Oracle Support creating a Service Request with them.

Regards,

Juan M