5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2016 9:05 AM by Gaz in Oz

Font in data grid changes on edit

Marwim

Hello,

as recently said in Can I change the font and font size in the data grid?  I can change the font in the grid display. Is there also an option for the font when I edit the content?

When I click on a cell at the place where I want to edit the text, the font changes and with it the position of the text. It would be easier if the font would stay the same.

Regards

Marcus

• 1. Re: Font in data grid changes on edit
          Gaz in Oz

The problem with that, as I see it, is it would change the length and width of the grid cell. As can be seen by your screenshot, it is all currently contained within the same size cell.

Cheers,

Gaz.

• 2. Re: Font in data grid changes on edit
            Marwim

create table test_edit (t varchar2(100));

insert into test_edit (t) values ('x');

insert into test_edit (t) values ('xxxxxxxxxxxxx');

insert into test_edit (t) values ('xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx');

insert into test_edit (t) values ('xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx');

insert into test_edit (t) values ('xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx');

insert into test_edit (t) values ('xxxxxxxxxxxxx');

commit;

select * from test_edit;

The columns are automatically sized using the greatest length

The problem would only occur when I edit the forth line. In this case (current behaviour)  scrolling would be acceptable (the icon only needs the width of 3 characters). Or I can use the Edit dialogue.

• 3. Re: Font in data grid changes on edit
              Gaz in Oz

A grid, by definition, is made up of PARALLEL horizontal and vertical lines. The pop up box how ever, is not restricted by that, and, as you've shown. It does look like it is the same size font as in the cell in the grid. Are you asking about the font in the pop up?

• 4. Re: Font in data grid changes on edit
                Marwim

Are you asking about the font in the pop up?

No,

I asked about the font in the grid when I edit the value.

The Edit dialogue is only an alternative that "might" be needed when the length of the content is longer than the displayed size of the column - as answer to your first reply

The problem with that, as I see it, is it would change the length and width of the grid cell.

The contents at line 3 and 5 have the same length. When I click at the position before the last character, because I want to edit at this position, then the font changes and my cursor is somewhere else, not where I clicked. The longer the content the more difference in position.

• 5. Re: Font in data grid changes on edit
                  Gaz in Oz

The way I still see it is that if the font was increased in the cell, it would shift everything  horizontally and vertically making it larger than the current cell size.

Apologies for hijacking this thread, it is a bit of a detour from your original ask.